• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Best Head Coaching Jobs in the MVC. Where does Valpo rank?

Started by VU2014, February 01, 2019, 02:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VU2014

Nothing quite like a national media article to rile up fans.

https://twitter.com/goodmanhoops/status/1091393845101821953?s=21

Let's get moving on those renovations...

bigmosmithfan1

Nothing to really argue with here (other than the fact that the author can't count to nine -- he erroneously says we've only been to the Dance six times). Also, Bradley as #1 in history/tradition? Based on some success in the 1950s? Okay, then.

But this should help put to rest the nonsense that our "game atmosphere" is enough to compensate for the shortcomings in our facilities. It ain't. Get to work, Valpo admins.

VU2010

N. Iowa should be #1 for facilities, IMO. Their arena is gorgeous.

valpotx

We should be higher in selling pros due to the sheer volume of professional basketball players we've had in the last 20+ years, but I can't fault the rest.
"Don't mess with Texas"

NativeCheesehead

These lists are so stupid. The most attractive job in the Valley is which ever one is holding the trophy in St Louis.

VU2010

Ya brutal and don't agree with it. Valpo IS NOT the 10th best job in the Valley. No way. Much better than that. The facilities are terrible - we all know that much. Btw, Paul's episode of Union St Hoops (esp the last 6 minutes or so) are hysterical. His Music comments are lol funny.

EddieCabot

Quote from: VU2010 on February 01, 2019, 09:36:12 PM
Ya brutal and don't agree with it. Valpo IS NOT the 10th best job in the Valley. No way. Much better than that. The facilities are terrible - we all know that much. Btw, Paul's episode of Union St Hoops (esp the last 6 minutes or so) are hysterical. His Music comments are lol funny.

If I'm reading the article right, they had Valpo 7th.  Please correct me if I'm wrong ... my bifocals are at the optometrist's office for repairs.

bbtds

The prejudice against Indiana schools is very evident. 

Overall Evansville-10, Indiana State-8, Valpo-7.
Game atmosphere Evansville-8, Indiana State-9, Valpo-10
Budget Resources Evansville-9, Indiana State-10, Valpo-6
Buy Games Evansville-9, Indiana State-8, Valpo-10
Facilities Evansville-5, Indiana State-9, Valpo-10
Selling Pros Evansville-9, Indiana State-8, Valpo-7
Media Exposure Evansville-9, Indiana State-7, Valpo-8

bigmosmithfan1

QuoteN. Iowa should be #1 for facilities, IMO. Their arena is gorgeous.

I believe they said UNI was dinged on that score because of the lack of a dedicated practice facility (the facilities score included practice facilities, strength training and other player amenities in addition to the main arena).

crusadermoe

We should probably take off the brown and gold colored glasses when viewing this poll.  The reasoning made sense to me.   If there was an #11 or #12 option for the ten coaches, they would have understandably ranked Valpo's facilities at one of those numbers.