• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #26 Valpo vs Indiana State 2/13/19 @ ARC 7pm espn3

Started by VU2014, February 11, 2019, 09:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VU2014

A very important final 6 games for Valpo. It all begins with Indiana State at home on Wednesday. Indiana State (4-8) is coming off an atrocious performance against Bradley, 96-67. We need to finish strong to stay out of the Thursday game at Arch Madness.

VU2010

Glad you were able to start the thread this time since there are some folks who believe in superstition over basketball fundamentals. Won't make that mistake again.

wh

Quote from: VU2010 on February 12, 2019, 08:09:49 AM
Glad you were able to start the thread this time since there are some folks who believe in superstition over basketball fundamentals. Won't make that mistake again.

People were just having a little fun with the superstition thing. Your post to open the Loyola game was excellent. Keep leading!

VU2014

Indiana State kind of took it to us in the paint at their place. Need to get some payback.

The keys to slowing down this Indiana State team always seems to be containing Key and Barnes. Indiana State is sort of an enigma. They have way more talent than their record suggests.

SanityLost17

Remember last year when we played .500 ball against the top 6 teams of the league but got swept by the bottom half?  (math isn't exact there but it was something like that)

Yeah, we can't let that happen with these ISUB/Evansville home games!  We have a favorable schedule to close out MVC play with 3 winnable home games and 3 road games where there is at least a chance.   

VUGrad1314

We have 1 win in the past 3 weeks. Time to get back into the win column. Some very winnable games coming up. Time to get hot again. Let's get hungry for a win! Go Valpo!

M

Lol, why so serious 2010?

Sounds like Fazekas will be back! Gimme a 65-55 win.

VU2010

Lol I think we should give 2014 credit for this post since Ryan is seemingly back!

justducky

I doubt that Ryan will see big minutes so will he start? Mileek gave us 10 excellent minutes vs Loyola. Might he get a start?

VU2014

Quote from: justducky on February 12, 2019, 04:12:11 PM
I doubt that Ryan will see big minutes so will he start? Mileek gave us 10 excellent minutes vs Loyola. Might he get a start?

Not sure what his cardio is like. If he's healthy and not feeling any pain I don't think there would be a minutes restriction. I'm wondering if the ankle is still feeling a little ginger. I think Paul mentioned seeing him "limp" into the training room before the Loyola game. Does that mean he was still favoring it a bit on Sunday?

I think when Golder was coming back that first game they brought him off the bench. But it sounds like Golder's ankle might have not been as healed up as Fazekas' will be. Could also be that they were two different types of sprains.

VUGrad1314

Look at this data. If we want to avoid Thursday we MUST win tomorrow. Just look at the difference between 7-6 and 6-7.

http://www.mvcfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5194&start=50

SanityLost17

I think it was 3 years ago the Indiana high school Cross Country champion (5k - 3.1 miles) trained the last month of the season almost exclusively in the pool and on the elliptical machine due to injury and came back for the post season to win a state title.

Lots of low impact ways to keep cardio when on the mend from such an injury.

Anybody spy Fazekas near some cardio equipment or near water the last month?  Perhaps a picture of him wearing some water-wings in the national enquirer?       

VUGrad1314

This is the news that got me feeling hopeful again and snapped me out of my post Loyola malaise.

talksalot

Fun with numbers:

they are 10-1 when leading at the half
they are 1-10 when trailing at the half

VUBBFan

These were really popular last year. However, I seem to recall someone saying that a lot of students came last year just to get one and then just left or only stayed for part of the first half. Looks like you have to pick them up after the game, which is kind of a hassle but the reason they give them away is to get people to watch the game.

If you don't want to pay the price for something you shouldn't have it in my mind. I don't think they have as much problem with the other free T-Shirts.

I could be wrong but I might be right

https://twitter.com/valpoathletics/status/1095817567934078976

wh

wh

VU2014

Expecting a lighter crowd tonight. Just feels like the Loyola game took some air out of the building. Not sure if it would be different if we won on Sunday but Indiana State doesn't seem to get the fan base as amped as Loyola does. I don't think it just has to do with the LU making the Final 4 last year. There just seems to be more heat with Loyola. Maybe if Indiana State was having a better season but I'm not sure why.

mj

What the hell is with this start? 4 turnovers to start the game??
I believe that we will win.

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

VALPO LI

Followed by a Fazekas 3...then he blocked a shot....then 6 pts by Smits.  Ok interesting start.
Shine on Vu

oklahomamick

8 minutes in and Indiana St. called for their foul.

This Indian St. team is the least talented team in the MVC.  We have to win this.
CRUSADERS!!!