• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Huge Conference Game Today (Besides Valpo)

Started by Just Sayin, January 18, 2020, 07:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Sayin

Northern Iowa @ Bradley

Top two dogs fighting it out.

I say Bradley wins in a white-knuckler battle.

bbtds

Quote from: Just Sayin on January 18, 2020, 07:39:43 AM
Northern Iowa @ Bradley

Agree, UNI doesn't normally shoot as well on the road.

M

I believe this is already the second time these two will have played and that is unfortunate.

bbtds

Quote from: Just Sayin on January 18, 2020, 07:39:43 AM
Northern Iowa @ Bradley

Today/Saturday, ESPN 2, at 6:00 p.m. EST

usc4valpo

VUGrad1314

This is (and will be) a good game. Hoping for a UNI victory that is not too damaging to Bradley's overall resume. Bradley is inching towards that Q1 line and I want them to get there but UNI needs to keep winning to keep multibid hopes alive.

VUGrad1314

38-36 UNI at half. Game has lived up to its billing so far!

Just Sayin

I didn't know one of Bradley's top scorers was out with a hand injury.  They are doing well without him thus far. 

EddieCabot

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on January 18, 2020, 05:22:07 PM
This is (and will be) a good game. Hoping for a UNI victory that is not too damaging to Bradley's overall resume. Bradley is inching towards that Q1 line and I want them to get there but UNI needs to keep winning to keep multibid hopes alive.

BracketMatrix has UNI in the 11-12 range, which is borderline at-large.  I've seen them as high as 8 in some brackets.

VUGrad1314

It is sad to me that a team of UNI's caliber has to walk such a tightrope even in a conference as good as the MVC. I hope they succeed.

oklahomamick

UNI is very good.  I was rooting for the private school (even though Wardle coaches them).  Then I had to change back to UNI as they would be MVC's only hope for an At-Large.  Going undefeated and losing in ARCH Madness championship probably wouldn't even do it.  But at least they would be in the discussion. 
CRUSADERS!!!

VUGrad1314

They would have three losses in that scenario in the 11th best conference with wins over Colorado and South Carolina and (hopefully) at least one other Q1 game they win if Bradley can get themselves up there Indiana State and (maybe) Loyola have a chance too. If that's not enough to get them in I call shenanigans.

Just Sayin

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 18, 2020, 09:11:43 PM
UNI is very good.  I was rooting for the private school (even though Wardle coaches them).  Then I had to change back to UNI as they would be MVC's only hope for an At-Large.  Going undefeated and losing in ARCH Madness championship probably wouldn't even do it.  But at least they would be in the discussion.

Yep a damn good team..  best in conference.

usc4valpo

Talented and very well coached. Definitely a model that Valpo should persue

bbtds

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on January 18, 2020, 09:15:38 PM
They would have three losses in that scenario in the 11th best conference with wins over Colorado and South Carolina and (hopefully) at least one other Q1 game they win if Bradley can get themselves up there Indiana State and (maybe) Loyola have a chance too. If that's not enough to get them in I call shenanigans.

How many years in a row now have mid-major teams been calling "shenanigans?" At least as long as people have been calling them mid-majors.

IrishDawg

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on January 18, 2020, 09:15:38 PM

They'd get it in that scenario, and they'll likely get in even with another loss or 2 in conference play.  The bubble, and college basketball in general is going to be so soft this year, IMO.

The "11th best conference" thing really doesn't mean much when there's such a massive drop off between the top 6-7 leagues and the rest of the NCAA.  Unless there are other teams in the league that can be counted as a "quality win", UNI isn't going to get credit for it come selection Sunday.