• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs Bradley in Arch Madness Finals 3/8/2020 1:00PM CBS

Started by VUBBFan, March 08, 2020, 08:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUBBFan

Just going to get the thread up. I'll let someone else add the stats. I'm just so hyped and excited from this weekend I can't think straight. This time in St Louis has been magical and our team outstanding with their play. Those who stayed away really missed out on an amazing time Well worth the trip. GO VALPO

IrishDawg

Game is on regular CBS - will be rooting for you guys to return to the tourney.  Good luck today!

oklahomamick

Only stat I have is the vegas line at Valpo +2.5.  The smart thing to do here is to hedge my earlier bet of Valpo +3000 to win it all.  However, I've never been called smart.  Let's go Valpo! 

Lottich and staff have really made me eat some crow as of late.  Really impressed with the things they have done.  Congrats to them.  However, it's about the student athlete and I would love for the two seniors to get to experience a NCAAt. 
CRUSADERS!!!

Just Sayin

Hope the boys got some needed rest and ate their Wheaties this morning.

VUGrad1314

The game is on CBS not CBSSN guys Just in case anyone is confused

VUGrad1314

Here's a little blurb I wrote on MVC Fans in advance of the game I think I covered most of the important parts

I look for Valpo to try to keep everyone fresh by mixing up their lineup whenever they can. They will need big games from Krikke and McMillan to counteract Bradley's size. Their ability to stretch Bradley out and open up driving lanes for JFL and Sackey will be key and will allow him to create for their shooters. They will need to generate turnovers and get some easy opportunities as well which is not easy against Bradley.

Bradley is battle tested and experienced. They will look to ride that as a key factor today. Brown and Childs always seem to make the big plays when they have to. Kennell and Tavanainen are dead eye shooters who will provide good supplemental scoring. If their seven footers can control the paint and limit driving lanes for Valpo's guards it will go a long way toward ensuring their success today.

oklahomamick

Nervous for the game.  Do we have one more left in us?  4th game in 4 days...I can't stand wardel and thought he under achieved with brown and sykes at Green Bay.
CRUSADERS!!!

justducky

Quote from: oklahomamick on March 08, 2020, 12:03:24 PM
Nervous for the game.  Do we have one more left in us?  4th game in 4 days...I can't stand wardel and thought he under achieved with brown and sykes at Green Bay.

Rest!  What is that? Forgot about springing forward! That means tipoff is in less than an hour.  :o. Buckle you seat belts.

VUGrad1314

The key will be in how we start. If we can start well get out to a lead or at least stay in the game I like our chances. This may seem counterintuitive but going against the higher seed and the defending champion the longer we are able to hang around the less our legs will be an issue. Lock in execute and let's finish this! Go Valpo! I BELIEVE!

hckjag

Hopefully the Houston v Memphis game isn't a foul fest so we don't miss too much of the first half on CBS. Or that they at least let you watch watch the start on the CBS Sports mobile app.

hckjag

Quote from: hckjag on March 08, 2020, 12:41:34 PM
Hopefully the Houston v Memphis game isn't a foul fest so we don't miss too much of the first half on CBS. Or that they at least let you watch watch the start on the CBS Sports mobile app.

Luckily Todd just said the tip-off will be slightly delayed for tv!

VUSWIM08-12

We've had the talent all season, I'd absolutely love to see us beat Wardle and Co.

71-66 Valpo

crusader05

Here's hoping adrenaline and will power continue to beat out tired legs.

No matter what so proud of this team

VUGrad1314

hailcrusaders

We do look a step slow through the first 8.5 min. Unfortunate because we're going to need to rely on speed and slashing to get to the basket around their bigs.

Bradley is about 4-6 from 3-pt land so far. I gotta think they'll cool off eventually, but we need to stop letting them have open looks.
#CrusadersForever

IrishDawg

Valpo's playing like a team of destiny right now.  Projecting as a 14 or 15 seed currently, but I know I wouldn't want to play them in the tournament.

VUGrad1314

I will take this result for the first half! We're up and we're 20 minutes away! The defensive effort and the want to have been there The shooting has been there enough! Let's finish this! Go Valpo! I BELIEVE!

VUOR63

I love the pace of this game.  No under 4 timeout except for Valpo's use it or lose it with :27.  Hope the guys don't get tight in the 2nd half.

valpotx

If we win this game, I vote Kiser for tournament MVP
"Don't mess with Texas"

hailcrusaders

Gonna have to keep an eye on Childs in the second half. He missed time in 1H with two fouls, but still managed 8 points.
#CrusadersForever

nkvu

Down nine and we look completely gassed. Got to dig deep and find something.

valpotx

Their move to a 3-2 zone killed us.  It looked like we had no idea how to attack such a thing.  I am also curious why we didn't use the 3/4 court press as much in this one.  Either way, we overachieved in this tournament, and we will see what happens in the offseason.  Thanks for the run, guys!
"Don't mess with Texas"

a3uge

We had no business being in the tournament. Unfortunately Bradley didn't either, having gone through 5, 8, and 7 seeds. Too bad UNI lost their first game.

hailcrusaders

Just ran out of gas at the end. Not enough left in the tank for someone to step up on offense.

Nonetheless, a lot to be proud of for a team that nearly didn't make it out of Thursday.

I do hope we play in the postseason (CBI? CIT?) for the sake of the seniors and the future direction of the program. Plus, it'd be nice to pick up a 20th win.
#CrusadersForever

nkvu

Hey it was a great and unexpected ride but playing four games in four days finally caught up to us. Nothing but pride in these guys for leaving it all on the court in this tournament.  :clap: