• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #2 @ UIC 6:00 PM ESPN3 WVUR 95.1

Started by VUBBFan, December 01, 2020, 11:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUBBFan

Second game of the year and it's not cancelled ::) This marks the first time playing a horizon league team since joining the MVC. Time to see what this team can do.

tiny707

I don't see Valpo winning this one unfortunately. Much better coach at UIC. Especially on the defensive end.

oklahomamick

Vegas has valpo -1.  Did uic get good since we left?
CRUSADERS!!!

78crusader

How can game #2 feel like a must-win game?  But it kinda does, at least to me.

Paul

vu72

Quote from: tiny707 on December 01, 2020, 12:10:32 PM
I don't see Valpo winning this one unfortunately. Much better coach at UIC. Especially on the defensive end.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpo64

Well that didn't take long...just 2 games in and Matt L is not as good of a coach as our competition's.  Wow!

Chairback

Our offense is an absolute  :censored: show. When the UIC announcers say we look organized it's bad. 

We chug threes. NO plan. 

NativeCheesehead

Between potential COVID cancellations and this offense, I'm confident we don't win ten games this year.

bbtds

Quote from: vu72 on December 01, 2020, 04:14:45 PM

Down 9 at half. We sure aren't impressing anyone at this point.

Chairback

Agree.

Robinson looks lackadaisical and should be benched.

valporun

Dying by the 3, when we should be living by the drive...UIC can't transition from perimeter to paint defense fast enough, but we pitched tents and campfires at the arc again and again.

vok22

Has anybody else noticed we seemingly don't run any plays? We just sloppily  pass it around the three point line until there are 6 seconds left on the shot clock and then try to score one on one. The only hope we ever have is when we get in transition. It's been like this for 4 years now. How has Lottich not adjusted?

nkvu

Pretty sad performance so far. O for the half from 3. Won't win many if we continue to shoot like that. Our offense seems to confuse our guys more than theirs.

Chairback

Vok22 you have perfectly described our offense. And yes it has been the same for 4 years except Peters last season. 

The crazy thing is we all see it but it never changes.   

valporun

Not sure if it's Lottich needing to adjust it, or just start benching for poor play. I mean we would have the whole team benched, in the long run, but we're not in a league where street ball/ISO is the way. That was the Horizon League. The MVC is slower, more set plays. How has the coaching staff not been able to get these guys to understand that?

JBC1824

There are no two Valpo players Ive hated watching play as much as Sackey and Maleek. Totally out of control at all times. Basement level bball IQs. Bench them for anyone else. I dont care whom at this point.
Lazing around in the shadow of bombs

NativeCheesehead

Sackey I'll agree with. Mileek may not be getting his number retired but he's one of the most improved players I've seen in many years.

JBC1824

I still cant stand watching him, despite the improvement. Every time he touches the ball I cant help but cringe.

bbtds

Quote from: bbtds on December 01, 2020, 06:38:47 PM
Quote from: vu72 on December 01, 2020, 04:14:45 PM

Down 9 at half. We sure aren't impressing anyone at this point.

Still down by 9, 10 minutes to go. If Valpo doesn't have a huge run then we lose this game. It would be a miracle now if we do pull this game out for a win.

valporun

We definitely don't have a clutch or go to scorer. A lot of timid shooters. Give the shooters a greenlight.

bbtds

Now down 13 with 7 minutes to go. What do we do? Mileek fumbles the ball away and then we commit an offensive foul. Horrible, just horrible!

Could it get any worse?

We may not beat Judson if we keep playing like we have tonight.

Chairback

Yes. It will get really worse against Purdue. 

NativeCheesehead

If Bovada lists a spread for the Purdue game I'm taking Purdue regardless.

valporun

Purdue is going to treat us like dessert. They will enjoy dominating us.

Who comes out of the starting 5? Sackey, Edwards, or McMillan?

JBC1824