• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #3 @ Purdue 6:00pm BTN WVUR 95.1

Started by VU2014, December 03, 2020, 10:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VU2014

Well someone needed to start it....

VU2014

Based on Sheldon's Instagram story the team is already at Purdue. A video shot from the court at Mackey Arena.

https://instagram.com/stories/sheldonedwardsii/2456347713927655627?igshid=1izhnbjurhoh8

bbtds

valpotx

Unfortunately, this may get ugly:

Purdue 82
Valpo 59
"Don't mess with Texas"

Chairback

Purdue 83
Valpo 54

We will come out slow and be down double digits quickly.  We will turn the ball over and chug threes as we will not get good looks early.

2 quick fouls on Mileek and he will sit very early.  Our lack of size will be exposed tonight quickly.

Their D will be focused on Clay and Ben and will take the lane away from Daniel.  They will push and pressure us at the Arc and we will not get any rhythm going. Expect to see a lot of handoff passes at the arc. 

My pick is Eron will have the best play tonight from a Crusader.  He seems to step up with better competition. 

AlaskaCrusader19

Purdue's bigs don't move well. McMillan is going to get some three-point looks like he did against Vanderbilt. Besides that, I don't see much else positive here...

bbtds

Valpo   75
Purdue 85

Valpo tends to have seesaw seasons where after a bad game they sometimes play better because (as someone here once said) they are never as bad as their worst game and never as good as their best game. I think this game will be close throughout until the Boilermakers breakout finally and win by 10 points on free throws at the very end.

VUSWIM08-12

The line on  draftkings started at -16.5 last night and has somehow moved to -15.5. Valpo loses by at least 20 baring something insane but it is 2020 folks ;D :crazy:  Their 7'3" guy, Edey, will wreck us inside. We have nothing to counter him except hoping our big guys pull him out on offense. I watched their entire game vs Clemson and they are very good...

M

I was going to post the lines but you beat me to it. I've wagered against Valpo for the first time ever on tonight's game. I'm in at both 16.5 and 15.5...if they win I'll be thrilled, but after watching the game against UIC I just can't fathom Valpo looking any better on either end vs a very talented Purdue team.

nkvu

I expect we'll lose by 20 to 30. If we do better, great. If we do worse I won't be surprised. I'll be watching primarily to see which if any of our guys aren't overwhelmed and show that they can compete. I hope at least a few can. I also hope Edwards shows why he started the first two games, cause I haven't seen any reason for it so far.

justducky

Quote from: nkvu on December 04, 2020, 02:38:38 PM
I expect we'll lose by 20 to 30. If we do better, great. If we do worse I won't be surprised. I'll be watching primarily to see which if any of our guys aren't overwhelmed and show that they can compete. I hope at least a few can. I also hope Edwards shows why he started the first two games, cause I haven't seen any reason for it so far.

I'm about as optimistic as you are but generally this has led to the team greatly exceeding my expectations!  :o. We do have some talent and maybe they will show some glimpses of it tonight? Go Valpo!

VALPO LI

Got the dishes done, sent the dog outside and just turned on the Big Ten Network ready for Valpo's big night against Purdue!!!!

-catching the end of the Michigan St. Detroit game and Detroit is hanging in down by 3 with under 5min to play.

Shine on Vu

VALPO LI

Here We Go!!!!!
Eron Gordon Starting!
Valpo in Brown!!!!!
Shine on Vu

VALPO LI

Shine on Vu

bbtds

Anyone want to change their mind on the spread of this game? 20 to 30 still sound correct?

crusader05

We have been hanging in there but at some point they will start hitting shots and I don't think we have the stamina. That said this looks like a much better team than at UIC

a3uge

How is Valpo winning? 15-some fouls, 9 turnovers, a 6 min scoring drought.

VALPO LI

Valpo up by 11 at the half!!!
Who would of thought
Shine on Vu

bbtds

Quote from: crusader05 on December 04, 2020, 06:23:56 PM
We have been hanging in there but at some point they will start hitting shots and I don't think we have the stamina. That said this looks like a much better team than at UIC

Hmmmmm. How'd that happen?

nkvu

Really great first half. Great energy. Actually hit some threes.  Now if we can we carry the energy over to the second half and not foul everybody out this could get interesting.

bbtds

Quote from: VALPO LI on December 04, 2020, 07:02:38 PM
Valpo up by 11 at the half!!!
Who would of thought

Somebody said it would be a close score & I wouldn't even agree with that but does anyone believe they should stick with the 20 point Purdue win, a 31 point swing, not impossible but I would call it improbable.

justducky

Am I watching the right game? Maybe I'm on the wrong network? Nothing I have seen so far looks familiar.  ???

a3uge

"yOU hAvE tO cHaNGE tHe wAY YOu aRE guARDinG"

after replay shows Gordon gets all ball. These guys are clowns.

bbtds

Quote from: a3uge on December 04, 2020, 08:04:50 PM
"yOU hAvE tO cHaNGE tHe wAY YOu aRE guARDinG"

after replay shows Gordon gets all ball. These guys are clowns.

Yep, if it weren't for these  Purdue announcers I wouldn't know that John C. Reilly and I went to the same high school. :-)