• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game 4 vs Judson 1pm CST on ESPN3

Started by VUSWIM08-12, December 06, 2020, 10:39:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUSWIM08-12

Ahh well, I bet we beat the Eagles from the NAIA. Hopefully some of the new guys can get going, Edwards, Barrett, etc

Valpo-88
Judson-54

bbtds

https://tenor.com/view/not-abig-deal-its-not-abig-deal-will-smith-fresh-prince-fresh-prince-of-bel-air-gif-13899811

Even though this seems like an easy one I think we may take this team a little too lightly and the score will be close through out the first half and then Valpo takes over in the second half and wins by 2 digits. 15 to 20 point win.

tiny707

Lutheran Lightening scores 20 points today....

tiny707

Best thing about this game is it is on the same time as the Bears game so I don't have to suffer thru that game...

GoVU

Finally Sheldon shows his driving ability. That should be his first look, he has got enough 3 point shooting tools around him while Connor and Jacob are on the court.

valpotx

Hopefully this win boosts the team going forward.  It can be demoralizing to lose two close games against P5 teams, when you held large leads, and late leads.  Just winning a game, can do a lot for us going forward.
"Don't mess with Texas"

JD24

valpopal

The 34-35 pair score 37 points, grab 12 rebounds and 2 steals—yet commit only 1 turnover and 2 fouls between them in 44 minutes—all with a self-possession of play seemingly beyond that usually shown by freshmen. However, just as impressive to me is the control of emotions both show on the court. Their reserved and calm demeanor, even when hitting 3-point shots, speaks to their already developed sense of composure. These two clearly show early signs of promise, and one can only imagine what they might be like as seniors if they get to work together for four years.

nkvu

Quote from: valpopal on December 06, 2020, 03:10:57 PM
The 34-35 pair score 37 points, grab 12 rebounds and 2 steals—yet commit only 1 turnover and 2 fouls between them in 44 minutes—all with a self-possession of play seemingly beyond that usually shown by freshmen. However, just as impressive to me is the control of emotions both show on the court. Their reserved and calm demeanor, even when hitting 3-point shots, speaks to their already developed sense of composure. These two clearly show early signs of promise, and one can only imagine what they might be like as seniors if they get to work together for four years.

Agree. A year or two of serious weight training should replace some of that baby fat with muscle and then watch out. I think they'll both contribute this year but the ceiling is higher than I expected for both of them.  Edwards showed some flash, but I want to see a lot more steady play from him at a higher level of competition before I'm sold on him getting a lot of playing time.  Oh, and maybe hitting a shot or two would help.

bbtds

Quote from: JD24 on December 06, 2020, 03:04:43 PM
Quote from: tiny707 on December 06, 2020, 11:49:09 AMLutheran Lightening scores 20 points today....
Good call.

Thank you. I really do think Lutheran Lightening will stick. Now if only Todd would mention it on the air.

Oh, wait, you meant the 20 point prediction, didn't you?

VU2014

Random but did anyone else notice the post tribune has stop writing stories about Valpo Basketball this year?

Dave Melton participated in the Post game press conference but I didn't see a story. We did get a story for NWI Times/Paul Oren though (see below).

https://twitter.com/nwisports/status/1335733026937065474?s= https://twitter.com/nwisports/status/1335718197249667076?s=21

Chairback

Goodnews only got 3 mins.  Seems odd. Did he get hurt?

bbtds

Quote from: Chairback on December 07, 2020, 07:11:31 AM
Goodnews only got 3 mins.  Seems odd. Did he get hurt?

I think Coach Lottich didn't want to give Judson an abundance of Goodnews.

valpo64

Another plus...the new brown uniforms...looked great!