• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #24 @ Indiana State

Started by talksalot, February 07, 2024, 08:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpotx

You know that it was bad, when the Valpo Athletics write-up has to state that outside of an 18-0 run in the first half, that Valpo outscored ISUb for the remainder of the half. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

wh

Quote from: valpopal on February 07, 2024, 08:03:08 PM
Searching for something positive, anything! Sepp finally remembered he could play offense and shoot the basketball.

How about 50 points from our 4 Freshmen on 46% shooting against the best team in the conference at their place? That is unheard of.

usc4valpo

No group can buff a turd better in their journalism than Valpo Athletics, but that's what you expect.

tiny707

Lost to Illinois in November 87-64 and lead at half....are we still progressing nicely?

justducky

Nothing I love better than free speech and VU basketball.  BUT! Could somebody just Lock or Delete this whole thread and start one for Belmont?  :thumbsup:

AB

I remember Dave Redmon being streaky, but not to the extreme that Stafford is. Three 30 point games this year and then last night a goose egg.

tiny707

Josh is a very smart coach. Shut
down Stafford..win by 40. Make freshmen beat you.

johnu1

I don't think any of us can take too much away from this. Having watched the Aces lose by 48 to Drake, it's just what happens. (It helps when Darnell Brodie decides to make college basketball his entire career.)

You get a talented hoss in the middle who gets friendly looks from refs who think the "paint" isn't dry enough to call 3 seconds, plus, a couple of sneaky veterans, and a coach who has had time to build a roster and sustain it, you get these clobber-fests. When a team shoots 63 pct., it could mean a couple of things -- but the odds don't favor it by any college team that isn't playing Grinnell. It's not always bad defense, but it is usually about quickness and court savvy.

You can't coach some of that.

Every year, there's a mid-major somewhere that overachieves.

Related thread somewhere discussed how Brian Wardle is a jerk. I got to see him in action last night against UE. Unless he's just frowning while singing a Captain and Tennille song, yeah ... he's a pickle.

JD24

Quote from: usc4valpo on February 08, 2024, 05:14:19 AMNo group can buff a turd better in their journalism than Valpo Athletics, but that's what you expect.
They can spin it with the best of them can't they?  :lol: :lol:

covufan

Quote from: JD24 on February 08, 2024, 09:53:19 PM
Quote from: usc4valpo on February 08, 2024, 05:14:19 AMNo group can buff a turd better in their journalism than Valpo Athletics, but that's what you expect.
They can spin it with the best of them can't they?  :lol: :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

talksalot

Quote from: justducky on February 08, 2024, 08:10:23 AMBUT! Could somebody just Lock or Delete this whole thread and start one for Belmont? 

I was going to do it at Half-time... but waited until my National Pizza Day delivery occured.

it's there now...