• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Ron Howard returns to Fort Wayne

Started by IndyValpo, October 16, 2012, 07:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crusadermoe

Sunday, Monday....Happy Days.......Tuesday, Wednesday Happy Days.       

Will he be filming something new in the cosmopolitan streets there.   :)

FWalum

My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

LaPorteAveApostle

Anthony Jones?  Why Anthony Jones?

(and also, way to be, Ron Howard!!!)
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpotx

Does anyone know how much money someone like Ron makes in the NBA-DL?  Maybe one day he will be given a game or two in the NBA...you would think he would have gotten that chance over the last few years with the numbers he puts up
"Don't mess with Texas"

FWalum

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on October 16, 2012, 02:42:14 PM
Anthony Jones?  Why Anthony Jones?

Anthony Jones was arguably the best player I ever coached at Indiana Tech.  A nice young man who associated with some of the wrong people early in his college career and was guilty by association ending his NCAA career and therefore playing NAIA ball at Indiana Tech.  Extremely focused, hardworking and a good student, he was a joy to coach and should have been playing D1 ball somewhere.  Now he is working his way up through the European Leagues and last year was the Slovakian League Player of the Year with some really nice numbers.  It is really amazing IMHO how many really good players are out there that don't get the chance to play at the D1 level, but are just as good or better than some of those that do.  I put him as my avatar in response to the continuing Brandon Woods plays on an aircraft carrier thread (and now in the European Leagues).

GP-GS   MIN   FG%   3P%   FT%  RPG  APG  ST    PTS
35-35   38.0   53.7   41.2   80.0  5.1   7.1   2.4   27.7
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

LaPorteAveApostle

Those are great numbers and a great story.  Let's give him a Hand(lova)! :)

(and kudos to his coach!!!  i just found his blog and read the half-dozen entries.  i'm glad you have someone of whom to be so proud.)
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpotx

Who would have thought that this thread I started would have so many posts (Bwood on aircraft carrier)?  I figured it would get just a few, but it won't stop!
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

I will be rooting for him!  I really do hope he gets to play at least 1 game in the NBA before he retires.  He seemed so close just a few years ago, when he was doing very well in the NBDL as an all-star
"Don't mess with Texas"