• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

The tone of the forum

Started by agibson, May 23, 2011, 05:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpo04

Also, a quick view of all of your posts on the old board and not a single one refers to your "inside source."  Also, not a single one refers to how respected or knowledgeable you are.  It's like two completely different posters... and unfortunately it's not a change for the better...

http://valpofans.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=userrecentposts&user=dcvalpo

dcvalpo

So, would you like me to leave the board?  I can.  I don't want to take away from the board.

valpo04

Quote from: dcvalpo on May 25, 2011, 08:13:31 AM
So, would you like me to leave the board?  I can.  I don't want to take away from the board.

Is that the only option?  You can't become the poster that you were on the old board?  I actually throughly enjoyed your posts on the old board and felt you had built a bit of a legacy there. 

That's not the same one you are building here.

milanmiracle

Just verifying...I am still the same poster I was on the old board, right? Glass completely empty.
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

FWalum

Quote from: milanmiracle on May 25, 2011, 10:11:51 PM
Just verifying...I am still the same poster I was on the old board, right? Glass completely empty.
Yes milanmiracle, it appears that you are.   ;D
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

FWalum

Quote from: valpo04 on May 25, 2011, 08:15:28 AM
So, would you like me to leave the board?  I can.  I don't want to take away from the board.

Is that the only option?  You can't become the poster that you were on the old board?  I actually throughly enjoyed your posts on the old board and felt you had built a bit of a legacy there. 

I did not want to imply that you are unwelcome dcvalpo, just wanted to understand the a little more about you and what makes you tick.  Many of the more active posters from the old board know quite a bit about each other and their background or connection to the program. It helps us understand their frame of reference and gives us better insight into why they express certain opinions.  Here is something I would like to know... does the "dc" in your moniker mean that you are originally from "the district"?  I have a lot of family out in that area.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

StlVUFan

I don't know if this is helpful or not, but honestly, I still don't even remember a dcvalpo from the old forum.  I assumed -- erroneously, it turns out -- that you were a newbie.  I can only guess that this is because, as valpo04 observed, your posting personality had completely changed.  At the same time, the undercurrent of many of your posts was of someone who was an expert on the team and a veteran of the forum, and I found the juxtaposition of those contradictory impressions in my mind to be jarring.

Now that this has been decoded for me, and the personality change has apparently ended, that jarring sensation should subside considerably. :)

agibson

Heck, I'm still getting used to your Bono (?) photo, stl!

StlVUFan

Quote from: agibson on May 27, 2011, 02:24:10 AM
Heck, I'm still getting used to your Bono (?) photo, stl!

I'm a huge U2 fan.  Huge.

dcvalpo

Quote from: FWalum on May 26, 2011, 12:47:18 AM
Quote from: valpo04 on May 25, 2011, 08:15:28 AM

I did not want to imply that you are unwelcome dcvalpo, just wanted to understand the a little more about you and what makes you tick.  Many of the more active posters from the old board know quite a bit about each other and their background or connection to the program. It helps us understand their frame of reference and gives us better insight into why they express certain opinions.  Here is something I would like to know... does the "dc" in your moniker mean that you are originally from "the district"?  I have a lot of family out in that area.

I'm actually not from DC...would love to visit someday!  I was born in Valparaiso.  I've moved around here and there, but I was drawn back to the Region.  Thanks for asking!

dcvalpo

Quote from: StlVUFan on May 26, 2011, 02:34:13 PM
I don't know if this is helpful or not, but honestly, I still don't even remember a dcvalpo from the old forum.  I assumed -- erroneously, it turns out -- that you were a newbie.  I can only guess that this is because, as valpo04 observed, your posting personality had completely changed.  At the same time, the undercurrent of many of your posts was of someone who was an expert on the team and a veteran of the forum, and I found the juxtaposition of those contradictory impressions in my mind to be jarring.

Now that this has been decoded for me, and the personality change has apparently ended, that jarring sensation should subside considerably. :)

But valpo04 said I was building a legacy over there!  Something does not compute...

Anyways, on to bigger and better things on this forum!!

DMvalpo18

Quote from: milanmiracle on May 25, 2011, 10:11:51 PM

at least you are sticking to it.

lowposter

That is a nice stringer of redear.  I havent had the chance to get out this spring, except for a quick 30 minutes.

Not going to happen for awhile.

lowposter