• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #10 Valpo @ Virginia Tech 12/9 11 am CT

Started by valpopal, December 08, 2023, 06:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpopal

Valparaiso U. 60
Virginia Tech  82

historyman

Virginia Tech Hokies  75
Valpo Beacons          70

On WGN Channel 9 (probably doesn't matter the channel #) in the Chicago area.

"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

VUSWIM08-12

Valpo as 21 point dogs, hmmmmm! Idk , feeling ok about this one! Could  we pull an upset 🤪??

VT is 6-3 on the season with blowout losses to FAU and Auburn , close loss to South Carolina ! Wins over Iowa State and Boise State who both rank in the top 60 according to Massey !

Valpo 64
Hokies 76

mj

I'll be at the game tomorrow! Hopefully we can pull an upset!
I believe that we will win.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

JD24

Valpo's shot is hot shooting by Stafford which is very unpredictable as he's just as likely to shoot them out of a game. I'm going no for tomorrow.

78-60 VT

covufan

I really hope we give them a game.

Valpo  72
VT       77

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

historyman

Unless Jerome Palm gives Valpo something that the Hokies (did you know the spellchek changes Hokies to Homies?) aren't expecting it won't be close. But I do feel that Palm wakes up a bit in the first half and we will get some late great shooting from the somewhat bright Beacons to come back a bit at the end. Just not enough.

I think VA Tech will find a way to shutdown the Beacons at the start of the 2nd half & reverse a 1st half deficit before Valpo gets hot shooting near the end of the game to pull much closer than expected.

VA Tech did beat Iowa State who beat Iowa and Valpo's former player, Ben Krikke. Iowa State 90, Iowa 65. VA Tech 71, Iowa State 62 at Highland Park Fieldhouse in suburban Chicago off Skokie Valley Rd between Park Ave & Half Day Rd.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

VUSWIM08-12

Interesting that this on the CW, downloaded the app for Roku, hoping the live feed pops up at game time, no option to even wait on a feed yet!

historyman

Looking at those Hokies big men play I'm not so sure Valpo will be close.  Hope Valpo can dominate guard play with VA Tech's best guard out.

historyman

Palm's first defensive play does bode well for his staying in the game.

VUSWIM08-12

I'm not able to watch the game , working for anyone ?

Pgmado

Quote from: Chairback on December 09, 2023, 11:26:55 AM
Re: Game #10 Valpo @ Virginia Tech 12/9 11 am CT
« Reply #14 on: Today at 11:26:55 AM »
Qu

He's been sick.

VUSWIM08-12

Anyone know how to watch it live ? Just seeing LIV golf on CW

historyman

It's on WGN channel 9 in Chicago area. I assume the local CW stations have a choice of programs and it depends on what they chose.

Channel 18 CW in Milwaukee has it also

Milwaukee Schedule | News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | WVTV (cw18milwaukee.com)

Not on CW in Detroit.

covufan

We are getting some good looks and open shots, just not going down for the Beacons. Most shots are short - we shouldn't be too tired, we didn't fly commercial.

justducky

We are down big while playing hard and defending pretty well. That describes where we are at and I guess I'm OK with it.

historyman

There has been some lackadaisical play on Valpo's part on rebounding and passes. You can't have that at all against a Big 6, 5 4 opponent.

JD24

The program needs shooters in addition to a bonafide inside player. Going to be tough for Powell with the consideration that the player who appears to be his best recruit in Cooper may be playing his 2nd Prep season at Valpo before moving to the next level.

Darius is leading the team in rebounds at this point which is ridiculous. He's also leading in TOs with 4 but at least Stafford is keeping up with him at 4 of his own.

Oh...and Isaiah continues to take on the handle of the most irritating player on the roster by not only missing a wide open 3 but on the next trip down the court attempting to dribble between 2 defenders and losing the ball out of bounds. You know...the type of play which in HS gets a player yanked.

historyman

Quote from: covufan on November 25, 2023, 08:03:41 PM

QuoteWould love to go 3-2 in these games. Massey has us favored against CMU and Chicago St, and 49% against both Samford and Elon

Well, there's still a chance against Chicago State (3-8). Unless that win by the Cougars over Stetson (77-54) was the turning of a corner.

tiny707

covufan

Why didn't Scweiger make the trip?  Oh, wait...