• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #16 - MVC #5 - Southern Illinois at the ARC Wednesday 1/10 7pm

Started by talksalot, January 08, 2024, 10:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

I think we need to remember that our new staff and eager young minnows inherited a program in complete shambles. Burned to ashes. Under these circumstances, I don't feel let down that we have lost 8 games in a row or if 8 turns into 16.

A quote from one of my favorite all-time movies Scent of a Woman sums it up best for me:
You hold this boy's future in your hands, committee. It's a valuable future. Believe me. Don't destroy it. Protect it. Embrace it. It's gonna make you proud one day, I promise you.
Lt. Col. Frank Slade

VULB#62

It is what it is until it changes. And change takes time. 

Maturity is not instant, it requires experience.

Experience is additive, it requires mistakes.

We are blessed with  the opportunity to witness this evolution.  Think about what we will reminisce about (I was there/ remember when..........) three years from now.

JD24

Quote from: VULB#62 on January 12, 2024, 09:23:04 PMIt is what it is until it changes. And change takes time. Maturity is not instant, it requires experience. Experience is additive, it requires mistakes. We are blessed with  the opportunity to witness this evolution.  Think about what we will reminisce about (I was there/ remember when..........) three years from now.
Which...early in the process....we can remain optimistic about.

However, we don't know how it will all work out.

usc4valpo

I will say how these guys are growing and learning and not giving up and playing to the best of their capabilities. I totally respect that. Better than the Lottiich experience and far better than the situation with the women's team.

tiny707

Missouri State has good older dudes and a coach who has been there awhile. Did
not play hard and had low energy last game...

AB

Ford is a below average X's and O's coach. He's assembles a lot of mismatched pieces and doesn't seem to have a coherent style.  I bet he's gone after this year.