• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Baylor going barefoot?

Started by agibson, March 14, 2013, 09:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agibson

It'd be ironic if Scott misses the tournament in a year Bryce makes it.

But, Baylor's really going to have to dig deep at half time.  They're 1-12 or something from three.  It feels like a bad Valpo game - they just keep taking, and keep missing, these perimeter shots.   (OK, they've managed to get to the basket here a couple of times at the end of the first half.) 

Presumably they have to beat Oklahoma State here to have any shot, and even that might not quite be enough.

agibson

Well, Baylor's at least making this interesting - on ESPN3.  Baylor within 5 with about four minutes to play.  Trailed by more than 20?

One more FT coming.

OK State hasn't had a field goal in... eight minutes?

agibson

Baylor tied it up.  And then lost on a very questionable foul call.

Still had the ball, down two, at the end line, with less than three seconds on the clock.  It occasioned the first mention I noticed of Homer, Bryce, and Valpar-eye-so.

They didn't run Pacer (or what did the HS team recently call it?  "Valpo"?).  But, they did get a clean look at three, albeit from something close to a sprint. 

They definitely made it interesting.  NIT, here they come.

bbtds

I think harvest time has come and gone and Scott was stuck out in the field with a broken Baylor.    :-[

FWalum

Quote from: bbtds on March 14, 2013, 11:05:12 PM
I think harvest time has come and gone and Scott was stuck out in the field with a broken Baylor.    :-[

Heard some ESPN analyst, former head coach, (can't positively remember but it might have been Seth Greenberg) say that Baylor had been the most underachieving team of the season.  If that constitutes a "broken Baylor" then I would agree with you.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

LaPorteAveApostle

hey let's not downplay the miraculous year Baylor has had.

The first of the three miracles was that the board of trustees voted to allow the students to drink.

The second was that they voted to allow them to dance.

And the third was that the students suddenly knew how to do both very well!
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

bbtds

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on March 16, 2013, 11:38:59 AM
hey let's not downplay the miraculous year Baylor has had.

The first of the three miracles was that the board of trustees voted to allow the students to drink.

The second was that they voted to allow them to dance.

And the third was that the students suddenly knew how to do both very well!

So Baylor didn't go barefoot as much as they went "footloose."