• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Bryce Drew interview

Started by wh, June 20, 2013, 03:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

I just came across this radio interview with Bryce conducted by Lakeshore Radio's Tommy Williams just prior to this year's conf. semi-final game.  I haven't heard it before.  It has interesting insights from Bryce about a lot of things, including his future at Valpo, Nick Davidson, etc.:

http://lakeshorepublicmedia.org/drew-recalls-the-shot-talks-current-valpo-team/

HC

This kind of confirms what we knew, or suspected. Bryce isn't going to leave for just any school just because it has a bigger student population and more money. I think as long a s he isn't lied to by administration regarding his budget or their plan for any facility upgrades I believe he will be here for quite a long time. I'd bet that our first coach to leave will be Roger Powell, if someone doesn't come looking for him they are crazy. I tried to make a bet with PantherU when he was spouting off that his sources said Drew to Northwestern was a done deal, he wouldn't bite  :twocents:

What was wi the shots at Scott in the article though?

LaPorteAveApostle

P-T always takes shotts at scotts.  don't know why, because it's ridiculous to assume that the two brothers have anything like the same amount of ties to VU, and therefore unfair to judge them by the same standard.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

LaPorteAveApostle

QuoteIt was the start of the most formidable years of the younger Drew's life.
I never thought of Valparaiso as particularly dangerous, except to excitement ;)
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa