• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

One guy likes Ron Howard's chances with the Pacers...

Started by IndyValpo, October 01, 2013, 09:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpotx

It would be quite a feat for him to make the Pacers' roster, and I would love to see it happen.  He has gone the non-traditional route of playing in the NBA-DL pretty much since his graduation from VU, and it would be great to see him rewarded with a good pay day, and hopefully a few years in the NBA!
"Don't mess with Texas"

milanmiracle

I for one would be stunned if Ron Howard made the Pacers roster. I just don't see it happening on a team aiming for an NBA title. I suspect anything is possible since he's invited to camp, but in all likelyhood he'll get cut.
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

zvillehaze

Quote from: milanmiracle on October 06, 2013, 05:47:28 PM
I for one would be stunned if Ron Howard made the Pacers roster. I just don't see it happening on a team aiming for an NBA title. I suspect anything is possible since he's invited to camp, but in all likelyhood he'll get cut.

The Pacer roster is currently at 17 and they need to cut that to 15 ... 12 active players and up to 3 players as injured/inactive.  Here's the current list ... http://hoopshype.com/salaries/indiana.htm  To my uneducated eyes, it looks like Howard, Jackson and Armstrong are battling for the 15th spot. 

I also don't know the details of Howard's contract and what happens if he does get cut, but it looks like he's in line for a decent pay day if he can make the roster.

IndyValpo

They don't have to keep 15 but hopefully they will....helps Ron. I think to make it he will need to outplay Butler.

bbtds

Quote from: IndyValpo on October 06, 2013, 08:10:12 PMI think to make it he will need to outplay Butler.

Trying to outplay Butler in Indy, nothing has changed.

Are there any other Indiana guys other than George Hill currently on the Pacers?

valpotx

Playing for the league minimum may help Ron compared to some of the other guys he is competing against for that last spot.
"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: bbtds on October 06, 2013, 08:57:46 PMTrying to outplay Butler in Indy, nothing has changed.
Man, he set that one up nicely for you.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

sliman

Quote from: valpotx on October 07, 2013, 02:49:46 AM
Playing for the league minimum may help Ron compared to some of the other guys he is competing against for that last spot.
Agreed, but Ron didn't play against the Bulls in the exhibition opener which doesn't seem encouraging for his chances.  I fear he's there as a "reward" for his dedication and hard work for Fort Wayne, but it'll be great if he can grab even the last spot on the bench.