• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Adam Amin

Started by vu72, January 28, 2014, 10:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vu72

Not sure where to post this but I'm sure apostle will find the right spot!

Just listened to Adam do the call of the ND/Virginia game in the presence of Digger Phelps and Bobby Knight.  Adam is a true pro with nothing but national exposure ahead.  Heck, I was impressed with his coverage of Valpo Volleyball!!  I would suggest that he will replace Jim Nance when he's ready!!  Go Adam!!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

KL31NY

Quote from: vu72 on January 28, 2014, 10:05:32 PM
Adam is a true pro with nothing but national exposure ahead.  Heck, I was impressed with his coverage of Valpo Volleyball!!
And if you can do volleyball well, it can make other sports seem easier.

Watched/listened to the game myself. Loved at the end when he said how great it was to work w/ them and Digger said it was pleasure to work w/ him. That had to be a fantastic experience. Nothing but the best for Adam!
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

chef

Adam will be at the ARC tomorrow. We'll have him on at halftime to get his thoughts on the experience.

LaPorteAveApostle

Obviously if anyone can get Digger to finally open his trap about losing to Valpo, Adam could.

Get him on the case!
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

StlVUFan

Listening to the interview with Adam at halftime tonight, I was struck by his description of the experience, where he tried to get out of the way and just let Digger and Bobby engage in some of the most wonderful sports talk he'd ever heard.

While the game was going on?  I'm guessing yes, but I didn't partake so I don't know.

A very odd thing to commend, seemingly.  "Sports talk" is typically what I'm trying to *get away* from when I watch a basketball game.  Not that it could pass for what flies on the airwaves on WSCR weekday afternoons, mind you, I'm sure it's more intelligent, but that's not the point.

One hopes they restricted the "sports talk" to those intervals where the clock was stopped.

talksalot

I watched/listened to the game... and Adam did a great job... and even Digger had some nice comments toward Adam when it was over.   I noticed the seating arrangement... Digger and Bobby with Adam on the end, which is rare for the PBP guy.   But with a 20-point game most of the way, the banter between the two coaches was very entertaining... and Adam was certainly prepared for the game!    We can all say "we knew him when"... too bad he doesn't have a # we can retire and raise to the roof.

KL31NY

That arrangement, with Adam coming in on short notice, worked out well. Most of Digger's comments, especially earlier, tagged Bob at the end. Seems like they encouraged the back-and-forth w/ Digger and Bob with Adam coming in to call the plays and help set up the discussion. Three-man crews can be tough in any sport, but there are a few in baseball because the pace matches that team well. The way it went at Notre Dame for that basketball game was about as efficient and entertaining as three-man can probably get.
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

IndyValpo

I have one simple rule when it comes to watching college basketball, if Bob Knight is on, I am doing something else. 

chef

I very much enjoyed Knight the first couple years he was on air. However, now it's clear he does almost no homework and sounds very disinterested in the game.