• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

NCAA College Basketball Talk

Started by VU2014, March 10, 2017, 11:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUGrad1314

Quote from: valpotx on March 26, 2021, 01:20:32 PM
Quote from: VALPO LI on March 26, 2021, 11:13:11 AMShaka Smart to Marquette! https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/marquette-shaka-smart-reach-agreement-in-principle-for-texas-coach-to-replace-steve-wojciechowski/
Getting out before the demanding Longhorn donors started to call for his head lol.

Good. That makes it more likely Porter stays put. Now will Loyola-Chicago do the same?

IrishDawg

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1375493983292510211

Brannen getting investigated at UC (can't imagine he survives).

Fan favorites for the job assuming he's done are Archie Miller and Bryce Drew.

VUGrad1314

Quote from: IrishDawg on March 26, 2021, 02:33:03 PMhttps://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1375493983292510211 Brannen getting investigated at UC (can't imagine he survives). Fan favorites for the job assuming he's done are Archie Miller and Bryce Drew.

Can't imagine Bryce leaving GCU after one year for a secular institution. Archie would be an interesting fit as he has had success at Dayton before washing out at Indiana. A return to Ohio and a slightly lower conference could really help him rebuild himself and his career.

valpotx

I will eat my words, if Bryce ever moves to a public institution.  You can't talk the way that he wants to talk, at public schools. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

usc4valpo

I think Bryce will stay in the desert for awhile, because, why not?

elephtheria47

Has anyone watched the robbie Hummel interview with Homer and Bryce? They talk about his job at GCU and they were both raving about it. Growing the student population. Have some big time bball people involved. Students and fans tailgate before the games like people in the Midwest do for football. I don't think he's leaving there for awhile. Heck they made me want to go see a game there lol.

usc4valpo

USC and Oregon on paper is a fantastic matchup. It's terrible that one of these 2 great Conference of Champions teams will be gone so early in the tournament. both teams obviously deserved better seeds and the committee overlooked the strength of the Conference  of Champions .

valpotx

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut.  An apropos comparison to the Conference of Charlatans :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

Quote from: usc4valpo on March 28, 2021, 08:00:26 AMUSC and Oregon on paper is a fantastic matchup. It's terrible that one of these 2 great Conference of Champions teams will be gone so early in the tournament. both teams obviously deserved better seeds and the committee overlooked the strength of the Conference  of Champions .

You can't seriously believe Oregon State was in any way underseeded after losing to the Portland Pilots and the Wyoming Cowboys this season can you? I'm starting to get the feeling that you're just doing a masterful Bill Walton impression and these aren't your true feelings. If so, well played sir!

Just Sayin

Gregg Doyel
@GreggDoyelStar
IU is hiring former Butler and Ohio State coach Thad Matta as associate AD for men's basketball administration. Matta will assist an IU staff that will be led by new coach Mike Woodson.

JD24

I think that's a good hire for IU.

usc4valpo

OState should have been at least a 10, UCLA should have been an 8, USC should be a 5 as well as Oregon. Iowa should have never been a 2, nor Ohio State.
btw, Bill Walton is off key, but has one of the highest basketball IQs out there. His play in college and pro was legendary and his passing skills for a center were beautiful to watch.

may know

Oregon St has a 91 NET with losses to Wyoming and 3-15 Portland. They would've had tbe worst profile for a 10-seed in Tournament history by a significant margin. There was no argument for them to be a 10-seed before the Tournament.

usc4valpo

And those NET ratings and other computer ranking have a bad formula - PAC 12 teams were obviously not respected based on their high seedings and their performance in this tournament. Too much bias toward the Big 10 and SEC teams. Who knows based on the scheduling if there could have been 4 PAC 12 teams in the elite eight.

Give the conference of championships teams much deserved respect. I am not sure how USC will do against Gonzaga, but at they get an opportunity to make it to the Final 4.

JD24

One team East of the Mississippi still in the tournament and that team is from the much feared Western Conference who are ruled by the Champions of the West.

The Pac-10, 12 or whatever still sucks though.

valpotx

Gonzaga will handle USC from the Conference of Clowns :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

usc4valpo

Tx, you said the same with Drake, so I expect all the beautiful LA people to enjoy the lovely  Indy weather  in the Final Four. Fight on SC and Bill Walton is a prophet!

Just Sayin

Quote from: usc4valpo on March 29, 2021, 03:34:21 PM
Tx, you said the same with Drake, so I expect all the beautiful LA people to enjoy the lovely  Indy weather  in the Final Four. Fight on SC and Bill Walton is a prophet!

Disheveled locust-eating prophet wandering around the desert.

valpotx

Quote from: usc4valpo on March 29, 2021, 03:34:21 PM

I wish the people of (L)osers.(A)lways. nothing but positivity in their experience in Indy, while watching their Unanimously Sucky Clods get stomp-kicked by Gonzaga.  It is the Conference of Chumps, after all :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

usc4valpo

JD24

Southwest Conference tearin' it up.