• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Update: Ryan Broekhoff has agreed to a two-year deal with the Dallas Mavericks!!

Started by VU2014, June 12, 2018, 10:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vu84v2

6-8 from the floor, 3-5 from 3-point range. 1 reb and 3 assists. 22 minutes played.

The thing that I find amazing is that he and Jalen Brunson got them back in the game..an then they got pulled for the starters (who had played awful) down the stretch.

M

They might've been out of gas if they'd be in for a while 🤷‍♂️

VULB#62

You put 3 Rowdies, 1 muscular 4 and 1 decent 5 on the floor and you'd be a winner.

valpotx

I think that the bench played a good 7-8 minute stretch without many timeouts in the 4th, so the starters came back in.  They did finally make some headway, but I assume that if the lead increased with 4 minutes left, Carlisle would have put the bench in and left them in.
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

He's having some games where he really flashes brilliance. I think he's gonna stick in the league. Go Rowdy! Every team needs a Rowdy.

nkvu

Rowdy is a player who needs minutes to show all that he brings. No, he's not going to throw down a bunch of flashy dunks that make sports center. He's gonna make layups.  No he's not a big body rebounder, but he has a nose for the ball and he will get his share of rebounds, even in the nba.  No, he's not gonna break a defender's ankles with some fancy crossover dribble, he's gonna rise up and knock down a good percentage of 3's. He's gonna play good team defense and play unselfishly thereby making his teammates better.  He can't show all he brings unless he gets minutes. He showed some of that tonight.

valpotx

This was a key game for him going forward.  He was in line to play 5-10 mpg at the start of the season, but lost out to Kleber and Finney-Smith.  Both of them have been struggling over the last few games, which is good for Rowdy.  Especially when Barea and Harris are healthy, he is competing for minutes that Kleber and Finney-Smith have been taking, even though they don't necessarily play the same position.  When both of them were hitting 3's, they didn't need to try to see if Rowdy was going to be hot.
"Don't mess with Texas"

JD24

Tough role to play. Let's hope it works out. However guys like him hang around for years if they contribute occasionally even if it is in taking minutes in games in which the starters need to be sat for whatever reason.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25695358/ryan-broekhoff-finding-rhythm-nba-madness

bbtds

Quote from: valpotx on January 05, 2019, 08:56:29 PM
We lose 106-100, but the only reason it was that close, is because our bench brought the 19 point lead down to single digits in the 4th, led by Rowdy's play.  Great job in 22 minutes!

22 minutes, 15 points, 1 rebound,  3 assists

valpotx

Such a humble, down-to-earth guy.  As I said to my Facebook friends when we signed him, Dallas fans are going to fall in love with Rowdy, once he shows what he can do:

https://www.foxsports.com/southwest/video/1420674115923
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpospartan

Quote from: valpotx on January 07, 2019, 12:20:46 AM
Such a humble, down-to-earth guy.  As I said to my Facebook friends when we signed him, Dallas fans are going to fall in love with Rowdy, once he shows what he can do:

https://www.foxsports.com/southwest/video/1420674115923

If he only gets the chance!

M

With 2 minutes to go and dallas chasing 9, Ryan has yet to appear in the game. Dallas is shooting 8-26 from 3 tonight.

valpopal

Saw this and thought I'd post it to notify everyone, especially those of us who have enjoyed meeting Ryan's family members. Sending thoughts and prayers, hoping nothing serious and that all will be well for Rowdy and Katie.

[tweet]1083951940105588737[/tweet]

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

Yes, but I believe that the timing is in the March to May timeframe
"Don't mess with Texas"

Smj

Yeeha!!!   I'm going to watch the Mavericks play the Bucks on Monday...

Can't wait to see Ryan in the NBA.

(Last time I went to an NBA game to see a former Valpo player was Bryce.)

Go V.U. !!!

Smj

Check it out ...  Ryan is so good that he had 1 assist and 3 points with no minutes played... truly amazing!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Go V.U. !!!

talksalot

statistically, I believe that means he did that in <30 seconds.  Some software require a full 60-seconds to count for a minute.

Smj

Quote from: talksalot on January 29, 2019, 02:22:20 PM
statistically, I believe that means he did that in <30 seconds.  Some software require a full 60-seconds to count for a minute.
TRUE ... but it is so much funnier to think that his skill level is so advanced that he gets stats from the bench...

Go V.U. !!!