• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

2021-2022 Schedule

Started by VUGrad1314, April 16, 2021, 09:58:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chairback

I cannot wait to see a game live in person at the ARC.  It can't come fast enough. 

I hope our marketing team is all over this.   

VUGrad1314

I don't like that we're still wasting scheduling slots on non D1s but I'm getting to the point where I'm tired of complaining about it because it's never going to change anyway. Even though I think some of our MVC  appear to have (at least from what I have seen) not scheduled any non D1s yet. We need to shed whatever is left of the "happy to be here" ethos (we are already doing this in recruiting but our scheduling has not caught up)  and start following the example of our MVC peers when it comes to scheduling. The schedules I see taking shape in the MVC this year are of high quality and I want ours to be the same. Go Valpo!

wh

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on July 16, 2021, 02:22:34 PM
I don't like that we're still wasting scheduling slots on non D1s but I'm getting to the point where I'm tired of complaining about it because it's never going to change anyway. Even though I think some of our MVC  appear to have (at least from what I have seen) not scheduled any non D1s yet. We need to shed whatever is left of the "happy to be here" ethos (we are already doing this in recruiting but our scheduling has not caught up)  and start following the example of our MVC peers when it comes to scheduling. The schedules I see taking shape in the MVC this year are of high quality and I want ours to be the same. Go Valpo!

I would give this 10 "likes" if I could.

vuny98

I heard from a very unreliable source that we are trying to get a game set up at Marquette. This is now 3rd hand information, so no idea if its true or if it will happen, but thought I'd share.

justducky

Looks like Valley play will open Dec 1 which is a Wed. Went to the Rambler board and they expect to open at home. I'd say it is likely but not certain that we will be there also.

IndyValpo

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on July 16, 2021, 02:22:34 PM
I never understood the problem. It is a chance to play the entire roster.

I checked back pre pandemic and every valley school except MSU played a non-D1 team.

vu84v2

Quote from: vuny98 on July 28, 2021, 02:46:15 PM
I heard from a very unreliable source that we are trying to get a game set up at Marquette. This is now 3rd hand information, so no idea if its true or if it will happen, but thought I'd share.

I would love for this to happen, but Marquette has already announced its non-conference schedule. Not fully sure that Marquette cannot add another home game after the announcement, but I doubt it. They have 11 non-conference games (including a three game neutral site tournament) and will have 20 conference games.

VALPO LI

It's official.
Toledo released their non conference schedule and they will open the 2021-2022 season @ Valparaiso!!!!
Excellent test for the Dune Haw...Stor...Ligh....great get for Valpo :thumbsup:

https://twitter.com/toledo_mbb/status/1422573219517632513
Shine on Vu

justducky

Quote from: VALPO LI on August 03, 2021, 10:23:39 AMIt's official.
Toledo released their non conference schedule and they will open the 2021-2022 season @ Valparaiso!!!![/quote

Good! We will play them here on the 9'th and have some chance of playing them again on the 24'th in the BaHaMarHoops.  The story link says they have 6 freshmen but with the extended eligibilities and expanded rosters who knows if that is important. Obviously we lost 9 transfers and have 5 incoming freshmen so maybe we are the weakest team on their schedule?  ::)

vuny98

Quote from: VALPO LI on August 03, 2021, 10:23:39 AMIt's official. Toledo released their non conference schedule and they will open the 2021-2022 season @ Valparaiso!!!![/quote Good! We will play them here on the 9'th and have some chance of playing them again on the 24'th in the BaHaMarHoops.  The story link says they have 6 freshmen but with the extended eligibilities and expanded rosters who knows if that is important. Obviously we lost 9 transfers and have 5 incoming freshmen so maybe we are the weakest team on their schedule?  ::)

These first couple of games we will be without King. I fully expect that all the other players on the team that need to practice with him day in and day out will see the writing on the wall and know that as soon as he joins, 30+ minutes per game are going his way. So these first couple of games become very important for all of those other players to prove their worth and solidify their own playing time. A little healthy competition to light an extra bit of fire under each of them.

VUGrad1314

Quote from: VALPO LI on August 03, 2021, 10:23:39 AMIt's official. Toledo released their non conference schedule and they will open the 2021-2022 season @ Valparaiso!!!! Excellent test for the Dune Haw...Stor...Ligh....great get for Valpo :thumbsup: https://twitter.com/toledo_mbb/status/1422573219517632513

Non D1 aside this is a pretty good schedule and one I would be pretty happy with if Valpo could cobble something like this together at this stage in the evolution of our program.

justducky

I think it is a bit easier for Toledo and other schools with 20 game in conference schedules to find 11 instead of 13 OOC. Opening MVC play on Dec 1 may not have made it any simpler but maybe that cracks the door for a Jan 2 or 3 OCC?

We appear to be stuck and needing 4 or 5 more games which might all be on the road? Not saying that it will happen this year but Bryce is an obvious phone call, thinking that a 2 game western swing (including Grand Canyon) will eventually happen. There is another Drew reputed to be the reigning King of Texas who we should also talk to about calling in a favor.

I'm worried that nothing much pans out and that any "power 5" pay games will be before we are at full strength. It would be a real bummer to have this team facing multiple non D-1 opposition.   :'(

VALPO LI

Quote from: justducky on August 05, 2021, 11:07:16 AM

We appear to be stuck and needing 4 or 5 more games which might all be on the road? Not saying that it will happen this year but Bryce is an obvious phone call, thinking that a 2 game western swing (including Grand Canyon) will eventually happen. There is another Drew reputed to be the reigning King of Texas who we should also talk to about calling in a favor.

As much as I would love to see Valpo take down the Purple Antelopes I don't see Bryce picking up that phone call.  Instead I can see Jason Hawkins from Trinity Christian a team Valpo played 4 times in the last 6 years back at the ARC real soon.  Valpo is currently not listed on the Trolls schedule.
Shine on Vu

valpospartan

humbleopinion

Quote from: valpospartan on August 05, 2021, 08:48:08 PM
Quote from: VUBBFan on August 05, 2021, 07:55:30 PM
https://twitter.com/AlBillets/status/1423447348001312771
Now let's hope we can watch them in person.
I see that Valpo is requiring vaccinations for students and staff.  I would be content to have the same regulation for attending games if it means that we can actually attend games.  I really don't want to go through another year watching on television.  If such a decision were made soon, all fans would have plenty of time to get fully vaccinated before the season starts.
Beamin' Beacons

VALPO LI

I LIKE, I LIKE, I LIKE What you are showing me!!!
HOME games at the ARC! Stackem up Coaches!!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

https://twitter.com/NWIOren/status/1425484798307573769
Shine on Vu

crusadermoe

Nice work!    It's a growing glimmer of light across the horizon!    Is that a lighthouse?   Is it walking toward us?

Just Sayin

Quote from: VALPO LI on August 11, 2021, 11:06:03 AM
I LIKE, I LIKE, I LIKE What you are showing me!!!
HOME games at the ARC! Stackem up Coaches!!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

https://twitter.com/NWIOren/status/1425484798307573769

Who are the Beacons?

mj

Hopefully this means that Valpo will be headed down to Williamsburg the following year!
I believe that we will win.

NotBryceDrew

2021 Valpo non-conference is out or most of it.

7 home games!

IndyEIT777

Obviously nice to see a ton of home games in the non-conference, but with only one true road game, will we be tested enough before league play? This should definitely pad our record before the conference season starts and will make us more comfortable with our home court.

VUBBFan

lots of Home games

https://www.facebook.com/valpoathletics/posts/4126475610741458?__cft__

VUBBFan

Looks like we wanted to see Mileek one more time with our trip out to Western Michigan