• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Athletic Dept staff

Started by vufan75, January 31, 2022, 01:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vufan75

I saw on my Facebook feed today the Head Athletic trainer is leaving Valpo at the end of the week. Also leaving at the end of this week per Facebook post is the Assistant AD for Operations. What's up? 

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

vufan75

Saw the notice regarding departures on Athletics page of website.

http://www.valpoathletics.com/mbasketball/news/2021-22/21023/twedt-crimmins-to-depart-valpo-athletics-staff/

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Valpo89

The trainer is moving on to a full-time job at Lakeshore Bone and Joint. The other young man got a job at Northwestern.
Nothing sinister at work here.

wh

Quote from: vufan75 on January 31, 2022, 01:49:17 PM
I saw on my Facebook feed today the Head Athletic trainer is leaving Valpo at the end of the week. Also leaving at the end of this week per Facebook post is the Assistant AD for Operations. What's up? 

On the athletic department website is an abbreviated description of what the Asst. AD for Operations does. It's a perfect match with every event management failure, disappointment, or decline raised on this board over the past 2-3 years. Why in the world would a recent graduate with zero experience in event management (or anything for that matter) be given an Asst. AD position over event management, media relations, etc. So completely in over our heads.

NativeCheesehead

Why was he given that job?  No idea but I'd be willing to bet he was in that position because we weren't willing to pay what a serious candidate would require to take the job.

covufan

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on January 31, 2022, 04:13:12 PM
Why was he given that job?  No idea but I'd be willing to bet he was in that position because we weren't willing to pay what a serious candidate would require to take the job.
And now that staffing is an issue, will his duties be spread out amongst others in the department?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

valporun

Is it possible that the position of Assistant AD of Operations was a Graduate Student that graduated at semester? Not sure about the athletic trainer, unless the position at LBJI was due to potential he's a new dad, and needed/wanted to be home with his young family?