• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Women's Volleyball - Great start for a young team

Started by Crusader65, August 27, 2011, 09:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crusader65

Great start for the Volleyball team.  I'd hoped to attend this weekends tournament in Morgantown, WV (3.5 hrs away) but Irene had other plans trumping my own.  The team had good competition and very different styles to play against.  Coach Avery seems to be playing with the lineups looking for situation or potential combinations.  Tough to open with Ohio State.  I wished they played them in the second day - I think it could have been better games.  Two freshman and a redshirt sophomore seemed to do very well when called on.  Go Crusader! Great wins against Big East, NEC and AEC.

KL31NY

It was a pretty good tournament for Valpo. Tough draw against #21 Ohio State to start. The Buckeyes went 4-0 at the Mountaineer Invitational, all on sweeps...

Back to Valpo, a nice comeback against WVU and solid straight sets wins vs. Robert Morris and New Hampshire show some nice potential. Carin put just about everyone in the lineup for some meaningful PT, showing some utility and versatility. Vanden Berg and Hobbs are looking like decent replacements for Diebler and Layman's middle spots. This freshman Morgan Beil is looking great, too. A lot of good swings and all-around play for a newcomer. Combined w/ the veterans Valpo still has, this can easily be another good year.

Home tournament this next weekend! Great opportunity to see this team in action. I know I'll be there!  ;D
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

valpotx

Any time we beat a large conference school in a sport, it is a good day :thumbsup:
"Don't mess with Texas"