• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Baseball at (Freezin' A$$) WSU

Started by jetz, March 21, 2013, 09:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jetz

Not really looking forward to playing at Dayton this weekend.  The DH on Saturday is going to be very cold.  It would be slightly worse in Valpo, though, as the temp is a few degrees colder and the field is still unplayable.  I'll attitude adjust and embrace the cold tomorrow.  The parent/fan group is meeting at Texas Roadhouse near the WSU campus after Friday's game for a warmup.  All are welcome!  GO VALPO!
"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails

valpotx

Let's start conference out with a W!!
"Don't mess with Texas"

boomdad

Quote from: jetz on March 21, 2013, 09:42:53 AM
Not really looking forward to playing at Dayton this weekend.  The DH on Saturday is going to be very cold.  It would be slightly worse in Valpo, though, as the temp is a few degrees colder and the field is still unplayable.  I'll attitude adjust and embrace the cold tomorrow.  The parent/fan group is meeting at Texas Roadhouse near the WSU campus after Friday's game for a warmup.  All are welcome!  GO VALPO!

It could be worse, WSU projected to be 47 and sunny on sat. Valpo 37 I would take the 10 degree diff in temp any day.....Softball plays WSU at Valpo this weekend. they better try to get all 3 in on sat because sunday looks like snow. Good luck this weekend

jetz

Quote from: boomdad on March 21, 2013, 01:32:47 PM
It could be worse, WSU projected to be 47 and sunny on sat. Valpo 37 I would take the 10 degree diff in temp any day.....Softball plays WSU at Valpo this weekend. they better try to get all 3 in on sat because sunday looks like snow. Good luck this weekend

Better you than me, brother.  Good luck to you as well.  Bring a flask.

Valposter

Tough loss to Wright State yesterday 7-2 to open conference play in sub-arctic temperatures.  Let's bounce back and take two today!
Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!

jetz

Actually, there wasn't much wind and the sun was out.  I was peeling off layers on Saturday--and got a sunburn on my face.  Very playable.  I'd take it again this weekend in Chicago.