• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo Repeats as HL Softball Champions!

Started by valpopal, May 11, 2013, 03:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new2ff

What is scary is Cals Henderson was pitching on 1 good leg.
The effort put out by that young lady their last conference series & NCAA was truly amazing & gutsy to say the least.

boomdad

Brittany Duncan has accepted an offer from the university of Louisville as a junior transfer. From our family to everyone at Valpo we say thanks for 2 great seasons, We would like to thank the coaching staff, AD and the professors for all their help and support. Good luck next season ladies we know you will do well.

Tim Duncan

vu72

Quote from: boomdad on June 19, 2013, 12:23:31 PM
Brittany Duncan has accepted an offer from the university of Louisville as a junior transfer. From our family to everyone at Valpo we say thanks for 2 great seasons, We would like to thank the coaching staff, AD and the professors for all their help and support. Good luck next season ladies we know you will do well.

Tim Duncan

Thanks for the kind words Tim.  I'm sure the team will miss Brittany but we fans certainly want to wish her and her family all the best going forward.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

bbtds

Quote from: boomdad on June 19, 2013, 12:23:31 PMTim Duncan

Well, Louisville will be a lot warmer place then Valpo so we hope you guys can "beat the Heat." 

:P

valpotx

Definitely unfortunate to hear, but I imagine it is a competitive move, since they are a very solid team, and she is a very solid player
"Don't mess with Texas"

new2ff

Wow! Big loss for Valpo softball, I was looking for huge year from Duncan in 2014.
Things will be a little tougher with the Cardinals & I think they did graduate their All American first baseman. Duncan should be up to it.
I'm assuming Marinic will play 1b if she comes back for 6th year [ anyone know her status?]

valporun

boomdad, if it isn't too personal to ask, may we inquire why Britttany chose to transfer? Was it looking for a better academic program, needing a real academic challenge, or something else? It is a definite loss for our program, but I hope she enjoys her time at Louisville in both academics and softball.

valpotx

Just a guess, but maybe Louisville being in a better position to offer a full ride?  Honestly, the school is not known for academics at all (see Gordon Gee's recent comments), so I have to guess it is athletic-oriented.
"Don't mess with Texas"

boomdad

In my opinion Gordon Gee is an idiot and is miffed because his beloved Buckeyes ( which by the way I cannot stand OSU  ) Cannot beat a SEC team in any thing but name calling and boasting. Nor most any other conference out side the big ten in any sport. His attitude is pretty much status Quo in the buckeye state.... They cant beat any one out side of their own conference so the other teams must be either toothless hillbilly's or its some conspiracy by the catholic church. There is a reason they canned his butt....hes a tool. The common thought is here to boast and brag on their record of going undefeated by playing teams like Youngstown state and their like in the beginning of their season..... and then get waxed when they have to play real teams. And then set back and looked shocked and toss disparaging remarks around.

Britt transferred for a couple reasons Louisville is pretty close to home, better competition, better facilities. It was just a good fit. The ability to play for a Major her last 2 years and to be able to have the chance to make an impact at that level. Reading more into it than that just muddies the waters.

Tim

valpotx

Sure, please don't think that I was saying that I agree with him.  I was just stating the general things you hear about Louisville in the public eye as probably being behind the transfer, that it is more of an athletic school, because of people like him.  Trust me, he bashed my MBA alma mater of TCU for playing the 'little sisters of the poor' as well. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

new2ff

Did we lose the pitching coach ? What happened to K C Boldt ? Is Joylyn now asst ?
I must have missed announcements.

valporun

I believe KC was only a Graduate assistant?