• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Tourney Tickets! (Valpo Sold Out?!?!?!?)

Started by ValpoHoops, March 18, 2013, 05:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ValpoHoops

Been told by a friend that the ticket office is sold out of tickets for this weekend...and there is no longer a story on the athletics website that tickets are available there.

If this is true:
1) Congratulations Valpo Fans!
2) Awesome!

agibson

Glad to hear they sold out their allotment, and relatively quickly!

There still seem to be quite a few available from ticketmaster.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/venueartist/65562/1239566

(And, I assume, they'll continue to be available from stubhub and such resellers.)

vuweathernerd

they posted a thing on facebook i saw saying that our allottment was gone. at least i think it was vu.

SanityLost17

Just curious. How many does each school get? 

HC

I believe Valpo had 550 tickets. Got my 3!

agibson

Quote from: HC on March 18, 2013, 06:51:31 PM
I believe Valpo had 550 tickets. Got my 3!

In a venue of 20,000+?  Cute.

Somehow in 1998 I assumed that the _only_ way to get tickets was through the VU ticket office.  Not sure why it didn't occur to me that the whole universe wasn't going to buy their tickets by standing in line at the ARC!  Shows how insular undergraduate life can be.

valpotx

Hopefully all 550 of our allotment are used by Valpo fans, and not resold to MSU fans!
"Don't mess with Texas"

valporun

The problem is that the schools get such a small pool of tickets to their game because the one ticket is good for the entire afternoon session, so that's like selling 1,100 tickets to the afternoon session, even if VU fans don't stay for the second game, plus, those tickets wind up being up in the nosebleeds, so more diehards have learned to forego the allotment, and order from the ticketmasters, stubhubs, and arenas, even if they aren't in the specific schools contingent of seats. If it weren't for all the corporate sponsor tickets that are complimentary in their sponsorship deals, more specific school fans could get the better seats closer to the teams, but the NCAA doesn't care about that, unless you're a major name in sports, like a John Stockton at the Gonzaga game, or Barry Larkin at the Miami game. (Makes for good tv to find them in a specific area of the crowd where the camera can find them nearest the floor.)