• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Baseball @ Youngstown State

Started by Valposter, April 13, 2013, 01:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valposter

Big win on Friday by the good guys 9-2.  Winning 3-0 top of 6th on Saturday as I type.  We need as many conference wins as possible from here on out.  Go Valpo Baseball!

Does Jetz or anyone in frequent contact with the team have a current injury update?  Morman?  Martin?  Karch?  Is Worm dinged?  Anyone else I'm missing?  Status and expected time back?  Thanks!
Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!

Valposter

Big win in game two on Saturday 6-3 Valpo.  DeBoo pitched well but got a no-decision.  Schneider started in left field and had a big day with 3 hits.  Going for the sweep tomorrow which would put us right back in the thick of things.  Good time to start getting hot.....about the same time as last year.  Never want to peak too early.

Go Valpo Baseball!!!!!!!
Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!

jetz

Karch surprised me by pitching today.  I thought he would be out (hamstring) a while longer.  Not sure about Morman's return.  Martin told me he would be ready to go last Tuesday, but obviously wasn't right yet for this weekend.  Some of the relievers are feeling a little soreness, but so far are pitching through it.  I don't think Worm is dinged, but not 100 percent sure.  He has been hit pretty well in his last couple of outings, and after Lundeen's stellar outing at ND, I think the coaches just decided to move Lundeen into the weekend starting role.  Nice to have a lefty in the rotation anyway.  I'm sure Worm will be back in the mix at some point.  Starting to hit now as a team, with double digit hits each of the last two games.  Burns was slumping, then had the big hit in Saturday's game to give us the lead in the eighth.  Schneider batting something like .370 over 28 or so at-bats.  Looking better....
"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails

valpotx

Good to see that we are doing something we should be doing...beating YSU  :).  One more!!
"Don't mess with Texas"

Dave_2010

I was at Friday's game and might be going back tomorrow (weather permitting). Cole Webb has been impressive this whole season and he finally got the run support he deserves. It's nice to see the offense finally stringing hits together and putting up crooked numbers. With 7 losses already, the regular season championship is probably out of the question but a good 5 weeks will provide great momentum heading into the tourney.

Valposter

Quote from: jetz on April 13, 2013, 03:01:23 PM
Karch surprised me by pitching today.  I thought he would be out (hamstring) a while longer.  Not sure about Morman's return.  Martin told me he would be ready to go last Tuesday, but obviously wasn't right yet for this weekend.  Some of the relievers are feeling a little soreness, but so far are pitching through it.  I don't think Worm is dinged, but not 100 percent sure.  He has been hit pretty well in his last couple of outings, and after Lundeen's stellar outing at ND, I think the coaches just decided to move Lundeen into the weekend starting role.  Nice to have a lefty in the rotation anyway.  I'm sure Worm will be back in the mix at some point.  Starting to hit now as a team, with double digit hits each of the last two games.  Burns was slumping, then had the big hit in Saturday's game to give us the lead in the eighth.  Schneider batting something like .370 over 28 or so at-bats.  Looking better....

Great update........thanks Jetz!!!!!