• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game 28 MVC 17 trees in the ARC Wed 2/21

Started by talksalot, February 17, 2024, 05:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talksalot

Dot Neuchterlein recognition game.

I understand that Thursday morning,  the sun will rise.

Start of Lent, week 2.

Hope PGMADO  is well enough to make it.

That's the important stuff.

justducky

Quote from: talksalot on February 17, 2024, 05:22:54 PM

Start of Lent, week 2.

Great analysis! Signs of life were detected at Missouri St and I'll be looking for a steady pulse rate when we take the floor against the Sycamores.  :thumbsup:

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

justducky

Indiana St with a 5 point loss at Carbondale. With 5 losses their at large hope looks out the window. If in their anger they try to punish us for their own shortcomings we can't let it happen. I'm counting on us playing hard and playing well.

wh

Quote from: talksalot on February 17, 2024, 05:22:54 PM

Start of Lent, week 2.

The day Roger Powell signed on the dotted line, the sun shined brightly over my house. It still is as I continue to watch a great man lay the foundation for the future.

usc4valpo

Powell has a plan and I like his objectiveness. Lottich and Evans are fluff enablers, and Valpo overall overdoes that communication approach.

tiny707

historyman

Valpo                 75
Indiana State     62

Why not?
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

covufan

We have Indiana St right where we want them, at home when they have lost two in a row.  The whole Valley has exposed them, and we have the video to exploit their weaknesses.

I can be somewhat optimistic in the first year of Powell, right?

Sycamores  81
Beacons       75

Valley teams are becoming worried about being the 5th seed at Arch Madness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wh

MVC Website:
Cooper Shines --
Since 1992-93 only four MVC freshmen have averaged 12.0 points per game and 5.0 rebounds per game. A total of 25 freshmen in MVC history have reached 400 points in their first seasons. Cooper Schwieger of Valparaiso has 337 entering this week. Cade Tyson of Belmont was the last MVC freshman to hit 400 points (409 last year).

https://new.express.adobe.com/webpage/RqgjM14bnuOBv/

Think about something. In the past 30 years only 4 Freshmen have averaged 12 ppg and 5 rpg. Now consider all the players that ultimately became star players later in their careers. A reminder that the next time you have the urge to criticize our freshmen and sophomores for lacking the talent  to play in the MVC - be patient. Their time is coming.

valpopal

VUSWIM08-12

I'm not seeing us keeping it close. They lost two in a row , had time to practice and recover ! It's a blowout unless they miss early from 3 and that's known to happen to opponents at the ARC!

🌲 86
💡 70

mj

Who is this Palm fella? And what happened to Jerome?
I believe that we will win.

AB

truth219

The final score doesn't tell the tale of this game. We played amazing for 30 mins. They are a good team and shot very well from the field and perfect from the stripe. The coach is working this team and the team is responding.

AB

We don't have horses to win, not enough depth on the bench. Out of gas again. Hung around for 30 minutes. Scheweiger was largely ineffective tonight. Lay up drill for ISU in the second half. Palm gave it his best effort.

tiny707

Wouldn't have minded seeing Palm and Ola play together when Schweiger was out.

vu72

I know the Paul has written about the bright future for Scroggins, but, the constant "we are going to bring in some dudes to supports these young guys", would make me want to hit the portal out of disrespect if I was either Scoggins or Manyang.  No mention of these guys as the answer or part of the answer.  Truth?  Perhaps. Then why were they brought in to begin with?
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

tiny707

Agree vu72. Getting old. Slam on those two. Better be home run transfers.

historyman

I found this kind of interesting. Indiana State made 9 threes in the first half and the Beacons made 4 threes but neither team made any threes in the second half.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

justducky

Quote from: vu72 on February 22, 2024, 08:40:03 AMI know the Paul has written about the bright future for Scroggins, but, the constant "we are going to bring in some dudes to supports these young guys", would make me want to hit the portal out of disrespect if I was either Scoggins or Manyang.

Quote from: tiny707 on February 22, 2024, 10:22:47 AMAgree vu72. Getting old. Slam on those two.

I'm viewing this differently. Scroggins has been described as a project player and a project is a project no matter what bench in D-1 he is coming off of. I have no inside knowledge on Manyang but I'll speculate that whatever medical issues followed him here may continue. If those characterizations are accurate then where will either go to find big minutes? Meanwhile if Powell brings in a one year impact center who averages 24 minutes per game then I could see significant development minutes for both during the 24-25 season. I am obviously viewing 24-25 as another team development year where reaching 17 or more victories would be a huge step but can we realistically expect much better?

covufan

Quote from: vu72 on February 22, 2024, 08:40:03 AM
I know the Paul has written about the bright future for Scroggins, but, the constant "we are going to bring in some dudes to supports these young guys", would make me want to hit the portal out of disrespect if I was either Scoggins or Manyang.  No mention of these guys as the answer or part of the answer.  Truth?  Perhaps. Then why were they brought in to begin with?
I hope I eat my words, but if Scroggins could help this team, he'd be playing. Help in 2-3 years maybe. Not next year.

Manyang is injured, but does he see a future here?  If not, then he might transfer. In today's game everyone is a potential transfer. We need defense and rebounding. Get the current players another year of maturity and cerebral change to Rodmanesque mentality