• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Saturday, 1/27 9pm @Illinois State ESPN2

Started by M, January 25, 2018, 10:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

Matt to Parker: "You're doing a poor job as a starter, so I'm never going to play you again."

Nice.

a3uge

Quote from: wh on January 29, 2018, 07:11:02 AM
Matt to Parker: "You're doing a poor job as a starter, so I'm never going to play you again."

Nice.
This should be an indictment on Lottich not cutting off Hazen sooner as a starter. After all, he's been given 25 bench minutes since not starting and has scored 3 total points in that period. It was pretty apparent early that Hazen wasn't ready for D1 basketball.

vuny98

The only thing I will add is, None of us are in practice so we don't see what coaches see. If Hazen was lighting it up in practice I'm sure he would have gotten another shot at minutes by now, but my guess is he is just as bad in practice as he was early this year on the court.

But then again, Bradford does not look good on the court and he's still out there chucking up air balls, so maybe it is time to start giving the bench guys another look.

covufan

Quote from: a3uge on January 29, 2018, 07:32:13 AMThis should be an indictment on Lottich not cutting off Hazen sooner as a starter.

Hazen started in our beginning season eight game winning streak.  Hazen must have looked good in practice at that time.

crusadermoe

That is baffling.   Seeing Hazen on the court is a distant memory now. 

But the thing I do recall is his defensive hustle and good reaction to a rebound or loose ball.  Never stopped hustling even though he couldn't create a shot to save his life.

That would be one area of improvement over S & S. He's a lot faster down the court than Linssen.

justducky

Quote from: crusadermoe on January 29, 2018, 10:42:34 AMThat is baffling.   Seeing Hazen on the court is a distant memory now. 
Who  ???

valpo64

I think there is a lot more to the Hazen situation than anyone here knows.  It is time to quit beating this guy up.

wh

Quote from: valpo64 on January 29, 2018, 11:57:29 AM
I think there is a lot more to the Hazen situation than anyone here knows.

I hope you're right that there's some sort of back story, because on its face what happened to Parker is the basketball equivalent of cruel and unusual punishment, I don't care what anyone says.

mj

Quote from: valpo64 on January 29, 2018, 11:57:29 AM
I think there is a lot more to the Hazen situation than anyone here knows.  It is time to quit beating this guy up.

Care to share what's actually happening?
I believe that we will win.

bbtds

Quote from: valpolaw on January 29, 2018, 07:07:49 PM
https://deadspin.com/poor-valparaiso-freshman-dunked-out-of-existence-1822493988

^Not a good look for Valpo

Why weren't Bakari, Max and Derrik at least hustling to make him make a pass? That is the more pertinent question.

Mileek was with his man until he at least attempted to stop the dunk too late. It certainly wasn't on Mileek.

valpolaw

I agree that it wasn't mileeks fault. He was the only one who attempted to stop him while the rest didn't do anything.

justducky

Quote from: valpolaw on January 29, 2018, 07:37:27 PMI agree that it wasn't mileeks fault. He was the only one who attempted to stop him
He tried to stop him far enough under the basket that he should have received a blocking foul. No way we can call that blocking attempt good defense. I actually think the taunting call might have been anger at Mileeks' late attempt placing him underfoot in the landing zone.

M

I guarantee that taunt wasn't about the landing zone...seriously though, this wasn't even a fast break was it? My power had gone out (saved me from watching most of this debacle) due to a car crash so I'm not 100% sure. Hoping Wednesday brings some much needed heart and hustle from the guys who have some talent.