• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #31 vs Evansville Saturday 3/2/19 1pm

Started by PlumStreetBum, March 01, 2019, 09:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nkvu

I am finding that having no tv feed is actually beneficial to my blood pressure. I don't seem to get as pissed listening to someone describe our crappy play as opposed to seeing it with my own eyes. Or maybe it's what Paul just said, maybe it's just time for this season to be over.

Oh crap, the picture just came on.

oklahomamick

Every rebound we get we need to push the ball and run.  We have the athletes.  I would even press.  Teams at Arch Madness will have to plan for a different Valpo team. 
CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

So, I'm glad coach drew up a play at the end of half.  But it was a crappy play and again Bakari was the quarter back.
CRUSADERS!!!

PlumStreetBum

Quote from: oklahomamick on March 02, 2019, 01:50:15 PM
So, I'm glad coach drew up a play at the end of half.  But it was a crappy play and again Bakari was the quarter back.

Hey, progress is progress. But the trick is to not regress...

VUGrad1314

That might seriously have been the best close to a half we've had all year. Let's ride that wave to a W. Go Valpo!

vu72

Man was that ugly.  19 combined turnovers.  It is clear why these are the bottom two teams.

Don't get your hopes up with a 1 point lead at half.  At Evansville we led by 3 at half and then lost by 11... :(
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

VUGrad1314

The kids playing at halftime right now shoot the three better than our Crusaders. I wish I was kidding but I'm not.

VU2014

Random: The AD was on the radio broadcast talking about the new football coaching hire and it was interesting to hear that President Heckler was involved in the process. I guess it's not too atypical but I wonder what his input was on the coaching hire. I'm sure there was a similar level of involvement on the Lottich hire.

oklahomamick

Scored a lot of buckets in transition at the end.  I'm telling you guys, let's get out and run before the defense can set up.  We can't shoot, we have no set plays, get out of this half court offense.  Play good defense and run. We have the fastest player on the court.  Freeman and Golder are probably the most athletic players on the floor.
CRUSADERS!!!

PlumStreetBum

My son just came into the room: "Valpo is winning?"
Me: "Yeah, but only by one. Lot of basketball left."
Him: "Yeah but as bad as they've played lately that's really good!"

Sigh...

VUGrad1314

It's Kiser's breakout game! They can't stop him they can only hope to contain him!

oklahomamick

Can we play Evansville in Arch Madness? 
CRUSADERS!!!

nkvu

Every dumb play we could have made in the last three minutes to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory once again. Smits with three key misses from the line to seal the deal.

At least we're consistent.

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

valpotx

Pathetic.  Why the f do you call that last timeout?  Hold on to it in case what just happened occurs, specific to the miss.  So stupid on ML's part.  Second worst Valpo team in the last 25 years, even passing last year's team in my view.
"Don't mess with Texas"

a3uge

This team sucks, but they should still be able to beat Evansville at home. We desperately need a D1 coach.

NativeCheesehead

Does anyone honestly think the changes to the roster will result in a top half conference finish?

This program is broken under this coach. Might feel like a 12 month march to a firing.

mj

If Golder doesn't hit the miracle shot in the first conference game, we would have the same record as last year.

Clearly this program is making progress.
I believe that we will win.

PlumStreetBum

If not for a miracle heave in a home game we had no business winning, this team finishes with the same record as last year.

What a frustrating season. At least last year we finished with a few wins down the stretch. Thankful that it's almost over.

jloose128

I have no desire to watch the game on Thursday and I know I'm not alone.

VU2014

Well my prediction was 3 points off... same story of Valpo not being able to close out games...

When the AD goes to discuss an extension for Lottich, he should force Lottich to go to mandatory coaching clinics. TBH it's not out of the ordinary for college coaches to go to them to get new ideas and learn new things from their peers.

I'm just tired right now. I don't have heart to even be mad or angry right now. Just bring this season to an end already. Apathy has started to set in for me.

valpolaw

VUGrad1314

I'm tired of this! Same_______________ every game. Can't score. Can't close. Lottich is speaking right now and to be honest I don't believe a word he says. 13-23 in MVC play. Lottich better win next season. Or we need to find someone who can. I'm so disgusted. This happens every game. I can't believe I wasted my time today. I have stuff to do that I put off for this team. I'm such an idiot to think that today would be any different.

a3uge

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on March 02, 2019, 03:06:40 PM
Does anyone honestly think the changes to the roster will result in a top half conference finish?

This program is broken under this coach. Might feel like a 12 month march to a firing.
My fear is that there's not nearly enough changes to the roster. They have one player that's shooting above 32% from 3. You can't finish top half of the MVC with a roster full of bad shooters.