• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Transfers

Started by M, March 08, 2019, 02:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many players on our current roster will transfer?

None
3 (4.9%)
One
11 (18%)
Two
17 (27.9%)
Three
11 (18%)
More then (than) three
19 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 61

vu72

Quote from: vufan75 on March 31, 2021, 03:47:15 PM
Quote from: vu72 on March 31, 2021, 03:40:59 PM
The sky is falling at Loyola!  There are up to two!  Baylor Hebb (a 3*) is in the portal!
I think at one point Valpo might have recruited this young man.

Upon further review, per Rivals he was rated 3 star PG. Valpo is shown as one of many schools who recruited him.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Well, now another is in the portal. 6'9" 245# PF, Franklin Agunanne.  ESPN had him a 4 Star! Probably means some of their bigs are coming back so limited playing time.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpo64

Wow!  Time to get rid of Moser...can't keep players!    And he needs them because of the seniors on this year's team(unless they stay another year).

Just Sayin

The grass is always greener on the other side.

oklahomamick

I don't mind if all of our players transfer like Loyola......

Can we win like Loyola too??? 

CRUSADERS!!!

elephtheria47

If they all transfer to Loyola,  Loyola could win like Valpo?

VUGrad1314

when we make two sweet 16s in three tournaments like Loyola has then maybe these snarky comments might have some basis but right now if you're trying to deflect from Valpo's problem by saying "Loyola must have serious problems too because their bench players are transferring," it's not a good look and comes off as pretty ignorant. Might it hurt them in the short run? Maybe. But let's not compare losing Kaifes Hebb or Agunanne at Loyola to losing JFL Clay or Ognacevic for us. The two situations aren't remotely comparable.

nkvu

I think Loyola given their recent successes in the dance will attract a higher level of transfers in than we will. I expect they will be able to replace their transfers out with equal or better players than they lost.  I think we can replace all but two of our transfers out with equal or better players. Finding equal or better players than Clay and JO will be far more difficult, and may determine how successful a season we have next year.

Just Sayin

"Coach didn't say hi to me this morning so I'm putting my name in the transfer portal. Don't need his permission, and I don't have to sit a year to play. What's to lose? I'll show him."

humbleopinion

Just out of curiosity (and it's cold outside this morning), I decided to see the distribution of the transfers among class levels.

Freshman:        154
RS Freshman:    55
Sophomore:      196
RS Sophomore:  65 
Junior:              194
RS Junior:         140
Senior:              217
RS Senior:         103

I would have predicted more juniors than other classes, but overall, I would have expected that he weight would have been greater to upperclassmen.  I would guess that the percentage of younger students transfering has changed over the last few years.
Beamin' Beacons

wh

'1314 - No one is claiming that Valpo is as successful as Loyola at present. We're simply poking fun at a handful of posters and their premature claims that Loyola players are far more loyal to their "winning" cause and their "amazing" coach. 

talksalot

I did see that Loyola has picked up two from the portal... one from Princeton and one from Dartmouth... must be something about the "Ivy" and being close to Wrigley.... Happy Opening Day comment.

JBC1824

Quote from: wh on April 01, 2021, 09:37:27 AM
'1314 - No one is claiming that Valpo is as successful as Loyola at present. We're simply poking fun at a handful of posters and their premature claims that Loyola players are far more loyal to their "winning" cause and their "amazing" coach. 

Have Loyola players not shown more loyalty to their program/coach than Valpo's over the past few years or am I missing something?
Lazing around in the shadow of bombs

sliman

Could it be that Loyola underclassmen entering the transfer portal means they see limited playing time because two seniors will elect to stay for another year?

vu72

Illinois State just lost DJ Horne to the transfer portal.  They weren't very good with him.  He averaged 15.1 ppg and shot 42% from the 3.  That's five for Il St and 31 for the conference. He scored 19 and 20 against us.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

RS

Drake's Joseph Yesufu has just put his name in transfer portal

valpo64

Thanks for your understanding, wh.  We are on the same page.  I guess some will never understand.

VUGrad1314

Quote from: RS on April 01, 2021, 04:39:31 PMDrake's Joseph Yesufu has just put his name in transfer portal

That's a crushing loss. So much for everyone on Drake running it back.

Just Sayin

What a monster the NCAA has created with the new transfer rules. Ridiculous.

RS

Definitely a monster Just Sayin.  Perhaps they think another school like Gonzaga will take them in ( like Aaron Cook from S. Illinois at Gonzaga ) and have a chance to win a national championship.

JBC1824

Quote from: valpo64 on April 01, 2021, 04:53:44 PM
Thanks for your understanding, wh.  We are on the same page.  I guess some will never understand.

Help us.
Lazing around in the shadow of bombs

valpotx

Yesufu got hot after Penn went down, and definitely played himself onto some team's radars. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

Just Sayin

1,170+ names now listed in transfer portal. Yeehaw!

Just Sayin

valpo tundra

Roy Williams has indicated that part of his retirement decision is because of the transfer epidemic.  Now with Porter Moser "transferring" to Oklahoma, we see that it works both ways. Porter could have gone the Mark Few way and been happy to have respect in building and maintaining a solid mid-major program while being king of the campus.  However, the allure of even bigger money and power has proven to be too much once again.

Just Sayin

Everyone chases after the money. Even people we worship.