• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

What will the nickname be

Started by IndyValpo, August 09, 2021, 12:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which nickname will be chosen

Dunehawks
13 (50%)
Tempest
1 (3.8%)
Storm
4 (15.4%)
Gold
7 (26.9%)
Lightning
1 (3.8%)
Lightning Hawks
0 (0%)
Sparks
0 (0%)
Beacons
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: August 10, 2021, 12:13:43 PM

David81

My pick was the Valparaiso Storm. Imagine the headlines:

"A Dark and Storm(y) Night for Butler"

"A Big Valpo Storm is Heading for Drake."

"VU Drops a Storm of 3s on UIC"

"Valpo Aerial Storm beats Dayton"

But probably not: "VU's Storm Troopers Clobber Evansville"  :-X

usc4valpo

I like the Storm. I can live with the Beacos, just bag the stupid mascots.

David81

Quote from: usc4valpo on January 19, 2023, 07:20:40 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

VALPO LI

Quote from: usc4valpo on January 19, 2023, 07:20:40 PM
And bag the whole Light House thing... light the torch and we will good!
Shine on Vu

valpo64

I sense that a few of our posters are "hitting the sauce a little too much before posting their comments.  ):

usc4valpo

Not me dude, Let's have some fun with this.

David81

Quote from: valpo64 on January 20, 2023, 09:09:06 AM
I sense that a few of our posters are "hitting the sauce a little too much before posting their comments.  ):

Not me, I'm a teetotaler!

But we could use a little levity on this board, given our various grousings these days -- mine included!  ;D

IndyValpo

I am watching College Game Day today and wondering how Tennessee wins games with a cute dog for a mascot.

Just Sayin

Butler is losing games with an ugly dog mascot.

IndyValpo

Quote from: Just Sayin on January 28, 2023, 10:58:44 AM
I love a Butler loss

historyman

Quote from: IndyValpo on January 28, 2023, 11:17:47 AM
Quote from: Just Sayin on January 28, 2023, 10:58:44 AM
I love a Butler loss

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/butler/2023/01/18/butler-basketball-loses-to-creighton-in-big-east-action-simas-lukosius/69812264007/

Without Manny Bates to anchor the interior, Creighton scored 44 points in the paint. Ryan Kalbrenner (11 points) was Creighton's best scorer inside, but Fredrick King and Ryan Nembhard consistently converted looks in the paint, as well. Four Bluejays reached double figures and they assisted on 12 of their 30 made baskets.

While Creighton's offense was lively and running smoothly, Butler's offense went dormant in the second half. The Dawgs forced the issue offensively, rarely creating open looks for teammates and failing to convert makeable shots. Outside of Simas Lukosius, no Dawgs player was able to create for himself. Credit to Creighton's defense, but Butler has to find a way to get more out of its offense.

Wonder how long Barry Collier goes with Thad Matta.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

usc4valpo

Butler has a cool live mascot. Ours look like something from Nick Jr. or Playhouse Disney, as I had to suffer with my daughters during their toddler years.

Valpo89

Anyone notice the Beacon and Blaze mascots didn't make an appearance at Family Night during the Evansville game?
Apparently, the people inside the suits can't see, and they need a "seeing-eye human" to guide them around.
VU officials couldn't find four "volunteers" to handle the task last game.

usc4valpo

You're kidding me, right? They designed mascot outfits where they cannot see?  Simply brilliant.

valpotx

Come on, that can't be true?  Every mascot has some sort of screen where it actually sits at their eye level.  If they don't have the ability to see, that is another major bungle of the mascot/nickname result
"Don't mess with Texas"

Valpo89

Quote from: valpotx on February 01, 2023, 01:31:11 AM
Come on, that can't be true?  Every mascot has some sort of screen where it actually sits at their eye level.  If they don't have the ability to see, that is another major bungle of the mascot/nickname result
I heard this from a reliable source. I certainly couldn't make this up.