• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Website story: season preview and interviews with new players

Started by mp91, October 26, 2012, 06:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mp91

Got some more great exposure... really interesting read on Valpo and their expectations.  Particularly liked the analysis of the transfer/new players:

http://www.scoutingthemidmajors.com/features.html

HC

Quote from: mp91 on October 26, 2012, 06:50:35 PM
Got some more great exposure... really interesting read on Valpo and their expectations.  Particularly liked the analysis of the transfer/new players:
I would hope you really liked it... You wrote it!  :crazy:

mp91

nah, wasn't me... we just have the same initials.  I know him tho, he is a pretty cool guy

SadersofthelostArc

FWalum

A well researched article, somewhat of a rarity today despite the fact that there is a ton more information available out there if one just looks in some of the non-traditional places.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

lowposter

Nice article.  It is time for this program to win some tough games on the road.  I like Coach Drew's attitude of scheduling.  Forget the elites and play the next level and have them come to our house for supper.   Makes sense.

lowposter

VULB#62

Quote from: lowposter on October 31, 2012, 08:15:25 AM
Nice article.  It is time for this program to win some tough games on the road.  I like Coach Drew's attitude of scheduling.  Forget the elites and play the next level and have them come to our house for supper.   Makes sense.

lowposter

Gotta agree (but consider a football guy is posting this).  I know it's a bit of a non-sequitur, but going through the football season we have experienced, when you get blown out, especially early in the season, by a big-time program (i.e., for VU -- a FCS team like YSU) no one takes you seriously and they bury you early and deep.  I see the upside here as hard fought wins/losses against the OOC schedule Bryce has put together allow people/pundits to get a truer measure of a team's talent and competitiveness. The down side is if a Murray State, for instance, catches the Crusaders on an off night and puts a big number on them, that same hole is waiting to be filled -- and it may be even a tad deeper.  But the upside of the downside is that each Valpo player goes into each of these matches knowing they are winnable and there is something beyond "exposure" at stake; so, instead of being in awe of the school's name and reputation, they come onto the floor with confidence and determination making the chances of an off night much slimmer.  Arghhhh, you guys know what I mean.

LaPorteAveApostle

Thanks for posting the Torch versions.  Same author, but thankfully this time with an editor.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

vu72

Great article and found the election poll enlightening as well.  Oh the youth vote!  Seems the campus was much more conservative when I was a student. Live and learn...
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

vu72

OK, this might not be the video you were looking for, but it's pretty cool anyway. Those facilities look awful!   ;) ;)

A new season begins...
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015