• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Anybody catch the mistake in this Torch story?

Started by historyman, November 03, 2012, 08:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valporun

Stl, he did the same with anyone who tried to question his reasoning for either his posts or his politics. It didn't matter who you were, if you didn't see his side of things and immediately stand with him, he labelled you and lumped you in with the rest of the "Liberals".

Ralph

Quote from: valporun on November 08, 2012, 10:11:46 PMStl, he did the same with anyone who tried to question his reasoning for either his posts or his politics. It didn't matter who you were, if you didn't see his side of things and immediately stand with him, he labelled you and lumped you in with the rest of the "Liberals".

What is wrong with that?!  Being called a Liberal is akin to being called a God.

valporun

Ralph, you had to really be apart of the board at that time to know what Stl and I mean with the banned poster. I don't feel being a liberal is wrong, but the way the poster attacked liberals was offensive to many, and it was really bad when it was 7 or 8 news threads with scathing conservative talk about how McCain was better than Obama or how some Republican was a better option that a "dummycrat", as he often referred to Dems. Anything else I'm missing here, Stl?

covufan

Quote from: wh on November 07, 2012, 07:25:11 AM1.  As this is the General VU discussion forum, there is no need for toning down serious, intelligent, but pointed political opinion.  The thing that people are fearing comes from only one person that I'm aware of in the history of this message board, and he was banned a long time ago for violating the TOS of this forum.  Until I see another such example crop up, I'm completely comfortable with the post wh made.
Completely agree. 

KL31NY

Read this caption from a photo in the past week's Torch. It's from a story about athletic achievements of VU student-athletes. http://www.valpotorch.com/news/article_9fe7d3f8-2ab6-11e2-a6ba-001a4bcf6878.html

QuoteValparaiso University student athletes show success not only on the athletic field, but also academically. This year, VU will have a 100 percent student athletic graduation rate.
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176