• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Covid-19

Started by vu72, November 10, 2020, 04:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justducky

Looks very likely that the Tokyo Olympics will either be with no fans or postponed again. How can their fully vaccinated rate (less than 3%) be so far behind when so much has been invested and is now at risk?

wh

wh

China confirms first human case of H10N3 bird flu: report

What is it with China and disease?

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-announces-first-human-case-of-h10n3-bird-flu

Never mind. A 5-minute Google search told me more than I wanted to know. Apparently, personal hygiene, including bathing, hand washing, and soap, is not high on the list in utopia.

valpopal

Quote from: valpopal on May 27, 2021, 08:26:01 PM
Quote from: Pgmado on May 27, 2021, 06:04:58 PM
Quote from: wh on May 26, 2021, 09:32:53 PM
Indiana University cannot require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, attorney general says

https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/education/indiana-university-cannot-require-proof-of-covid-19-vaccination-attorney-general-says/article_e51c9ae4-e56c-544c-9089-eccd689be338.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

So stupid. This is nothing new. Kids have been having to show vaccination cards to go to school since they were born. The group that is so hellbent on documentation for voting or living in the country suddenly wants no documentation at all of health matters. The hypocrisy is a little too on the nose for me.

As is usually the case, such sweeping generalizations are inaccurate and misleading. The state attorney general is explaining the details of a law that is specific in its composition. The bipartisan law was approved 88-10 in the House and 48-1 in the Senate; therefore, I am left wondering what "group" is being referenced and who is being "hypocritical." First, the Covid-19 vaccination is not in the same category as those vaccinations that have been required for attending school in the past. This one is still regarded by the Food and Drug administration as "for use on an emergency basis," which is an experimental category. Second, "Rokita noted the law does not prevent IU from requiring its students and employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 or other contagious diseases; it only prevents the university from mandating written or electronic evidence of a person's COVID-19 vaccination status," which is prohibited by law. Another state university, Purdue is within the law by permitting even vaccinated "students to not provide the university with their immunization status if they are willing to be tested for COVID-19." This is the same situation students or faculty with medical or religious exemptions likely would be following at any university, public or private, including Valparaiso.

Just an update: As I believed would happen, IU has announced that it agrees to follow the state law and will set its requirements in a similar fashion as Purdue. Students and faculty are required to be vaccinated, but the school will "adopt adjustments to the vaccine verification and exemption process," eliminating the previous strict mandate for documented proof. Additionally, IU now "will allow individuals to request an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement based on a religious objection, a documented allergy, or other specific medical issue."

David81

Over 500 schools are requiring various groups to get vaccinated. It's a fluid situation that will change over the summer.

https://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2021/06/over-500-us-colleges-will-require-students-andor-facultystaff-to-be-vaccinated-for-the-fall-semester.html