• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

"Crusaders" as a mascot

Started by covufan, November 19, 2011, 09:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crusader03

Quote from: StlVUFan on December 24, 2011, 06:13:09 PM
Quote from: Crusader03 on December 24, 2011, 10:08:02 AM
Quote from: StlVUFan on December 24, 2011, 03:58:27 AM
I think it's sad that we live in a lazy, short-cut society.  Pretty soon, nobody will be able to work their jaws enough to form complete words.  "Syllable" will become a superfluous word, because all words will only have one.

I have never ever heard anyone refer to the South Bend team as the 'rish.  Two syllables must leave such a person all tuckered out.  I for one have no desire to live an abbreviated life.

::)  :crazy:

Well, then I would suggest changing your name to SaintLouisValparaisoUniversityFan, posthaste friend!  The irony is delicious here!

Stl and VU are widely accepted abbreviations that I had no part in inventing.  I'm not averse to all abbreviations.

By the by, I chose that handle a long time ago, using a message board that had a limitation on screen names.  I had to abbreviate.  In doing so, I didn't try to invent any new ones.

Jokes on you.

At one point, Stl and VU  were "lazy shortcuts."  They are now widely accepted.  Just like 'Saders will be soon or later.  DEAL WITH IT.

Jokes on YOU!  :lol:

StlVUFan

We don't know why Stl and VU were invented.

And yours is certainly off to a rocky start.  We'll see.  I'll never use it, I can tell you that.

Crusader03

Quote from: StlVUFan on December 24, 2011, 07:40:31 PM
We don't know why Stl and VU were invented.

And yours is certainly off to a rocky start.  We'll see.  I'll never use it, I can tell you that.

Never say never, SaintLouisValparaisoUniversityFan! :)

Merry Christmas!