• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Fundraiser to save VU landmark!

Started by Ralph, August 10, 2012, 01:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph

One of VU's most important buildings needs your help:

http://gogetfunding.com/project/save-801-union-st./

No need to be a Sig Tau to give.  Please give!

Thanks.

FWalum

QuoteYou'll have a chance to give back to the house that introduced you to your lifelong friends, got you through your college years, got you  :-X , and let you wear the STG letters that made you a stud on campus.

Maybe I am a prude, but I think the "got you  :-X " is in poor taste and ought to be removed.  It maybe true, but it doesn't need to be stated.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

vuweathernerd

Quote from: FWalum on August 11, 2012, 10:10:06 AM
QuoteYou'll have a chance to give back to the house that introduced you to your lifelong friends, got you through your college years, got you  :-X , and let you wear the STG letters that made you a stud on campus.

Maybe I am a prude, but I think the "got you  :-X " is in poor taste and ought to be removed.  It maybe true, but it doesn't need to be stated.

it's no more ridiculous then then 'stud on campus' claim. all they were in my time were a bunch of drunks and stoners.

sectionee

Sounds like a classy group. I'd rather give $10 towards a track I care nothing about over these jokers who clearly cant manage money.

johnny_fetla

Yeah, I had a few friends who were Sig Taus.  Can't really generalize about them (stoners and drunks).   That would be the same as me saying TC's were a bunch of jocks with IQ's as low as a primates or Pikes being a bunch of insecure rich kids trying to impress the women that left their house and headed to Phi Psis.  The ones I know on the contrary are extremely successful.  Not sure what happened to the money management over the years but raising money for a landmark is a good thing even it is Sig Taus.  I heard the money will go to correcting the multiple building code violations, getting rid of the vermin, and building a new hydroponic system for growing some good stuff to smoke.  Heck, I gave to the library fund and realistically, who uses those anymore.  So give!!!

moodboom

isn't 801 Union where the student council met to push through free access to contraception?  that was historic, i'll support the preservation.

historyman

I bet this fundraiser brings in more money from posters on this board than the FITT project.  :(
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

sectionee

Quote from: Ralph on August 25, 2012, 05:21:57 PM
People:

The landmark is 1/3 to savior!  With that in mind, would each of you please contribute $50 in the name of our Lord?

Thanks.

No