• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

R.I.P. Greg Gates

Started by chef, November 10, 2012, 11:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chef

I always considered Greg the most loyal and knowledgeable Crusader fan. Greg spent most of the last 15 years traveling around the country to watch Valpo basketball. He was there in Hawaii, Alaska, Las Vegas, Lawrence, Columbia, St. Louis, Charlotte, and dozens of other stops for the sole purpose of rooting for the Crusaders. His knowledgeable posts (Tri-G and GGG) were always must reads. Greg lost a long battle with leukemia, passing away peaceful today at his home in Scottsdale.

StlVUFan

Damn.  Met him in Hawaii, if not Alaska.  Guess I lost track of him.

Sad news.

Valpo89

Thanks chef. I was just talking about him the other day with a co-worker. His grand daughters are on the VHS girls varsity basketball team.
He was always very nice to me and a great guy. I really missed his posts as well. RIP Greg.

sliman

RIP Tri-G.  You will be missed.

IndyValpo

Met Tri-G in Fort Wayne at a Mid-Con tourney.  Good guy, good contributor to the message boards.

lowposter

Havent seen him in years.  My wife worked with him at PMH, he was a great VU fan.  I believe his son owns the local Culvers and sells the frozen custard at games....always a treat.

lowposter

crusaderboy

tough to hear.

remember one great night with him in particular in lawrence, kansas. world class human being.