• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo is playing DePaul tomorrow on FS1

Started by vu84v2, January 15, 2021, 07:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vu84v2

vu84v2

justducky

Quote from: vu84v2 on January 15, 2021, 07:16:15 PMAmazed that no one had posted this.

I chose not to jinx us by starting a game thread so I guess you get the honors or condemnation.  ;)  Maybe we will show up looking like JFL is in the building and you can interpret that any number of different ways. I'm anticipating a good showing.  :thumbsup:

VALPO LI

Excited that this game is now on Valparaiso's schedule.  Valpo could have taken the easy way out and scheduled a non D1 game where half of us fans would not have even tuned in.  A lot is on the table.  Playing against JFL is even a bigger bonus!  We win major bragging rights!  We loose I'll cry for days...:'(
Tip off can't come soon enough!!!
Shine on Vu

VU2014

Really not feeling all that confident about this game but damn would it be nice to get this win. No ill-will towards JFL but you never want to see your ex doing better than you and it would be an amazing feeling get the W.

Tomorrow is a big opportunity. They need to execute. DePaul isn't the same bottom feeder Big East team they've been for the last decade. They're pretty good and have a lot of talent. DePaul is better and more talented than their record suggests.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

oklahomamick

Vegas has Valpo as a 9 point dog. 

I don't think they are taking into consideration some of our players are taking this game personal with JLF on the other side.  Plus we have had more practices together since Covid outbreak. 

I will be taking my winning Valpo plus 9 ticket to the window and cashing in.
CRUSADERS!!!

bbtds

I have a feeling there could be a lot of frustration for us with this game.

Valpo  52
DePaul  68

Jamal Freedom Libertas scores 22.

vu72

I thought the game was scheduled for a 1pm start but it is now at 3.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

Chairback

Let Javon shoot from 3 all day.  Don't let him drive. 

Charlie Moore is a ball hog and is a "me first" player. I think he is keeping Javon from being better. 

Look for us to get in early foul trouble as JFL and Moore will drive and we cannot defend that.   

VU2014

I think Javon is going to go off in this game... he is going to attack our guards. We're going to need Barrett to not get foul trouble and be a big factor in draining the open spot up 3s we get.

Valpo NEEDS to hit from 3 and work it to Ben and Donovan! It goes without saying defend the PAINT to stop the slashing to the rim.

AB

JFL's knowledge of Valpo's offensive system is advantage for Depaul on D. For Valpo to win they will need to hit at least 8 3's and or drive to the hoop and get more free throws. Uncertainty with the offensive system and rotations are still being worked out. Also, do we have a full complement of players today? The talent is there but Saders still have much to work out as season goes on. 76-64 Demons. Hope I'm wrong.

VU2014

Goodnews will be back but Nick is still out. It was originally speculated that Nick Robinson was out due to the birth of his child with his girlfriend but how long is typical paternity leave for a father 2 weeks? Maybe it's something else if he's still going to be out.

I'm not a father so I don't fully understand everything new parent's experience but guys at work normally took a week or 2 and were back at the grind. I can imagine it's a stressful time but also rewarding. My female co-workers obviously took more time and the Company offers maternity leave pay. I don't think the same benefits are offered for the fathers passed 2 weeks.

If his girlfriend did give birth, congratulations to him & his girlfriend on the newborn!

https://twitter.com/nwioren/status/1350535125956755458?s=21

justducky

Quote from: AB on January 16, 2021, 01:40:01 PMFor Valpo to win they will need to hit at least 8 3's and or drive to the hoop and get more free throws.

If JFL is cold from 3 and we limit his penetration to forced runners then we have a chance to contain him.  I hope Sackey has taken a few thousand 3 point shots since our last viewing.  ;D I was counting on Nick returning but Goodnews is good news and we have plenty of warm bodies wanting to compete.

VUSWIM08-12

McMillan has to show up, Sackey can't  turn it over 4,679 times. Everyone has to play very well and we have a chance to keep it close. I took DePaul -9, prove me wrong Po'

bbtds

You can get the start of the Valpo/DePaul game by clicking on the Valpo Athletics website video button and it will take you to a Fox Sports website.

vok22

Gordon with the high percentage 1 vs 4 break. Then we throw the ball to the wrong team off rebounds/ failed to grab the ball on a rebound on two straight possessions.

VU2014

DePaul came shooting hot to start but really cooled off. We are losing this game for ourselves...

valpolaw

This team is not good at a lot of things

Chairback

No fundamentals.  Lots of standing around on offense.  No one knows what to do.  Groundhog Day. 

VU2014

Seriously this is a garbage performance on national television...

You watching this Mark LaBarbera?

nkvu

Quote from: valpolaw on January 16, 2021, 03:44:40 PM
This team is not good at a lot of things

They're really good at taking the ball out of bounds after DePaul makes a basket. Lots of practice.

hailcrusaders

This is our 11th game of the season. Our only D-1 win is SIUE. I didn't expect us to win today, but we are getting WORKED on both ends of the court thus far.

If we ever get back to full roster strength, I'm sure we're better than this. But man. Can we manage more than four conference wins? Honestly, it's real hard for me to see that right now. 
#CrusadersForever

IndyEIT777

Quote from: VU2014 on January 16, 2021, 03:49:24 PM
Seriously this is a garbage performance on national television...

You watching this Mark LaBarbera?

I retract what I said last week regarding Lottich. This is a National embarrassment and if I'm MLB, I'm leaving Lottich in Chicago tonight.

wh

Wow, this is root canal painful. Time for some lap swimming. Later.