• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs Missouri St 1/15 4 pm at the ARC

Started by humbleopinion, January 15, 2022, 05:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Sayin

Quote from: VUSWIM08-12 on January 19, 2022, 01:17:02 PM
David 81, I think you are exactly right, the pressure put on college kids from their parents and companies who will potentially higher them is tremendous. Plus VU is $55k+, students have to work and study and have little time to enjoy extracurriculars, although I am sure you will find Duffy's or Franklin House packed on a Friday night with a good chunk of VU kids.

After Valpo I was an Asst. College Swim Coach and then a  head college swim coach from 2013-2018 and kids just aren't interested in sports like they may have once been. It was awesome to see that student section rockin for the girls volleyball NIVC final so it can happen but VU has to put effort in. Attendance is down everywhere, when I was watching the Loyola game last week on CBSSN, gentile Arena looked maybe half full. COVID is also still a huge factor. Win some games, promote the team, incentivize kids to come. It's not magic. I came from a basketball rich small town in Connersville, IN where our student section in high school was rocking with Matt Howard and others playing where as the international and some suburban students now just simply aren't into sports...

Not at some Indiana Universities
https://twitter.com/BoilerBall/status/1495580769925881859