• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo at MoSt 2/12 @ 3pm

Started by humbleopinion, February 12, 2022, 11:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oklahomamick

If you go back 6 years ago and look at some post on the forum you will see that several of us were upset the all HL conference team didn't have more valpo players.  We were saying that our 6-8 players would start on all the other conference teams. 
CRUSADERS!!!

vuny98

Quote from: SanityLost17 on February 12, 2022, 07:39:03 PMReminder. If Clay would have stayed at Valpo we would have been touting him as our best player. at MoSt he is usually a role player. Let that soak in.
Too be fair, I don't think a lot of us would have thought that... Even last year, he was our 3rd best player and should have had a role more similar to his this year. If he was on our team this year, Krikke, Kithier, King, Edwards, Taylor all would be scoring threats above him (whether he would have been happy to being a role player behind those is a different story).

crusader05

I still think that the issue with this team has nothing to do with talent or even offense play-calling or structure.

I think it's all a mental concern. This team seems to think things are just going to happen for them and seem baffled when they don't. We have seen multiple years now of hearing how great things go in practice, how ready they are, who is going to be the x factor on the team and than they get on the floor and it doesn't appear. However, we do see moments where we get what they were talking about but my biggest concern is that there seems to be a lack of urgency in our playing or preparing for the season. We don't make things happen, we don't play consistently, we have sporadic output from players and can't adjust and I honestly think it speaks to a softness or of lack of preparation on a team psychology level more than anything that can be fixed by new X's and O's