• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo NIL Deals

Started by mp91, February 15, 2022, 02:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mp91

Have any Valpo players received any NIL deals? If so, what companies? (Haven't been following them as much on social media, so not sure if any have deals).

More importantly, has anyone on here considered doing a NIL deal with a player or know anyone who has considered it? If so, what made you do it or held you back from doing so?

Just curious as to alumni interest/local corporate interest for these type of deals.

NativeCheesehead

Considered it. Would love to do it. Couldn't get anyone from the athletic department to return my calls and wasn't sure how to contact the players directly other than through social media, which seems sketchy to me.

mp91

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on February 16, 2022, 08:40:51 AM
Considered it. Would love to do it. Couldn't get anyone from the athletic department to return my calls and wasn't sure how to contact the players directly other than through social media, which seems sketchy to me.

Wow, really? That's really disappointing. As an administration, you have to be on top of this kind of thing. These opportunities can make or break recruiting. I hope this changes ASAP, leveraging your alumni can be a massive advantage.

I have heard there is a former Valpo alumni lawyer who has done some NIL deals (with people from other schools). Maybe you should try to contact him and do it that way. I would think that would be a pretty easy market to corner for local attorneys. (At least, I hope it will be, because we need some deals to help the program!)

tiny707

Wouldn't Brandon Newman be a perfect candidate for NIL money? Valpo Jerseys and local businesses? He was beloved by the fans and students at Purdue.