• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Aces again -- this time at the ARC 2/21 7 pm

Started by humbleopinion, February 21, 2022, 01:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbleopinion

On Saturday, the Beacons left Valpo at full strength(ish).  By the time they left Evansville, two players were hurting.

I'd imagine tonight, Givance will be a point of emphasis for the defense.  We are likely to see some interesting lineups if neither Kithier nor Ruedinger can play. It would be fun to see Kobe put on a show again. Let's hope the team isn't overconfident after Saturday's easy victory.
Beamin' Beacons

valpotx

Emil stepped in with some solid minutes.  If he can give Krikke an 8-10 minute break, he has found his role, until Kithier can come back.
"Don't mess with Texas"

oklahomamick

King needs to hit the front end of the 1-1 there.  Should be a larger lead going into the locker room.  But at least we are in control.  We have better players than Evansville, no doubt. 
CRUSADERS!!!

mj

I believe that we will win.

valpotx

Geez, did Darius forget how to dribble and pass this half?
"Don't mess with Texas"

oklahomamick

Don't know what we did in the locker room but we are down 14-0 since then. 
CRUSADERS!!!

valpotx

Nice 9-0 run.  I don't understand why guys are still extending their arm on offense nowadays.  That was a point of emphasis 5 years ago, and is so obvious when you do it.  Keep your elbows in, and if they bounce off you, it is their fault.  Don't stiff arm them!!
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

Edwards with a really crappy 3, that leads to a 3 on the other end.  I don't fault the choice of shot, but that execution was abysmal
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

Get the lead, and Edwards lets his enthusiasm get the best of him again. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

valpotx

As much as Krikke can frustrate me at times, he has become a really good passer.
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

I have to give credit where it is due, as the team gutted one out today, and without solid PG play.  As shaky as it was at times, they didn't break. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

AB

playing to the level of the competition. Up 16 and Valpo let them back in the game. Glad they gutted it out at the end, made free throws, but this should have been a 20 pt win going away. Aces are a bad team. No consistent intensity on the defensive end all season for Beacons.

justducky

Quote from: valpotx on February 21, 2022, 08:57:30 PMI have to give credit where it is due, as the team gutted one out today, and without solid PG play.

Darius didn't play badly but he certainly needed that rest when he got it. The trio of Gordon, Taylor and Edwards are all best labeled as small forwards but there they were full time playing the 1 and 2 while the big lead turned into the big deficit. Yes they did eventually figure it out and somewhat right the ship but it takes a desperate team to turn to them for major minutes at the 1 or the 2.  But---Entertaining game and I am glad I went.