• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo @ Samford Nov 23rd 2pm CST

Started by VUSWIM08-12, November 23, 2022, 12:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUSWIM08-12

1 hour to game time, man I remember just a few years ago threads would be started days in advance , the apathy is strong for good reason . I took Valpo on the money line @ +340. Trying to give money away I guess. This team has the talent to win , but will we ?

VUSWIM08-12

VUSWIM08-12

This team doesn't want to play basketball, probably on Lottich, maybe on the players. No fire from anyone, allow themselves to get pushed around...waste of time, money, and a program as a whole.

mj

I believe that we will win.

vu84v2

26-6 after 10 minutes!

At least I saw that the brother of one of my students starts for Samford.

AlaskaCrusader19

My goodness, this is terrible. Samford should not be this much better than Valparaiso, but here we are.

VUSWIM08-12

Valpo basketball about to go years of 300-363 unless administration takes action now. Dr. Small n Padilla not taking the action they should... everyone reach out soon or we'll be in this for a decade to come...

chgovalpofan

Just put the game on. Can not believe the score.  All I am hoping for at this point is to see some fun Kobe action.

VUSERF

The only good thing I have seen from teams in the Lottich era are the uniforms. I am a fan of these.

mj

Quote from: VUSWIM08-12 on November 23, 2022, 02:34:00 PM
Valpo basketball about to go years of 300-363 unless administration takes action now. Dr. Small n Padilla not taking the action they should... everyone reach out soon or we'll be in this for a decade to come...

I was just about to post the same thing. This is a 300 + RPI team. There's a real possibility we go winless in conference play this season.
I believe that we will win.

VUSERF

We need to go back to the hilariously baggy basketball shorts up to 2015. Those must have had some magic in them.

VUSERF

Lottich needs to teach the players how to box out under the basket.

Maybe we can send Lottich to the kiddie summer Valpo camps to learn some basics?

JD24

Is there a running clock when we get to 35 as a differential? I hope.

JD24

In addition to the lack of any defense, there is too much drive 1 on 3. The last play set up for King was an example. Kick it to somebody.

justducky

I am starting to believe we are actually as bad as we look.

Clean house! Start over!

VUSWIM08-12

Sent an email to a few Valpo stakeholders I could find , of course most of them don't have public emails . If Valpo was struggling financially before , it's about to get way worse with mbb play

VUSERF

If we were in the NBA I would swear we were jockeying for a better draft lottery pick.

Cannot really fathom how we are this bad. Or how bad Western Michigan must be.

valpolaw

Lottich needs to have been fired years ago like many of us on this board suggested. This is utterly ridiculous

valpopal

If there were an intentional attempt to ruin a once well-respected basketball organization, I don't believe it would look much different than the efforts we have witnessed in recent years from the Valparaiso University program.

truth219

Possible news article headline "Beacons Woos Continue"

covufan

AB

Stating obvious here, but Fairly clear based on todays results something is not right. Too much talent to be this uncompetitive. Sure other teams will get hot and there is nothing you can do, but consistent effort on the defensive end is generally related to how much buy in the team has.

valpopal

With this loss Valpo falls to #279 in the Pomeroy rankings, right behind Illinois State. Only one team from the MVC is lower than VU: Evansville is #323.

vok22

Samford, who beat us by 30, lost to NAIA (Division THREE) Tennessee Southern