• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

It’s time to fire Lottich

Started by mj, December 10, 2022, 05:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpopal

Quote from: 78crusader on January 13, 2023, 03:55:48 PM
Random thoughts from a lawyer tired of reading deposition transcripts -

*a stronger conference, the transfer portal, a facility that, due to aging, has moved from barely acceptable to below par status, and NIL have all combined to create stronger headwinds for Coach Lottich than those faced by his predecessors;

**at a meeting I attended during homecoming, President Padilla mentioned something about providing a summer school for some of the admitted freshman students. I'm not sure of the reasoning behind this, if, in fact, it is a program that will be offered. Does anyone know anything about this?

***the mascot IS terrible

Paul

I can answer the question about the summer program, which began this past summer: https://www.valpo.edu/summer-bloom-program/

valpo64

We know our home attendance is bad, last in the Valley for an average of 1,342/home game.  UIC is just ahead of us at 1,578.   Guess who is leading the MVC in all games home attendance...Evansville with the worst record is averaging 4,780.

usc4valpo

Obviously not much to do in Evansville...but it has always been a great basketball town. It is amazing that basketball at UE has tanked. A lot of great tradition there.

VALPO LI

I even heard they have a fan bus headed to the Murray State next month!!! O-7 in conference with only 4 wins and fans still following strong!
Shine on Vu

oklahomamick

Vegas has us favored on the road. 

Take valpo -1 first half.  And fade second half. 
CRUSADERS!!!

historyman

Quote from: VULB#62 on January 13, 2023, 11:39:47 AM
You're absolutely right, SC —- comparatively speaking. Still, purely within this little, non-scholarship "D-I" league, any difference maker, no matter how small, creates disparity and tilts the playing field. 

BTW, SC, it's taken a while but my antennae are picking up very subtle vibrations that you may have misgivings over the choice of the breed of dogs chosen to represent Valpo as its duo-macots.  But I'm probably mistaken 🤣😂😜😁🥸

Beacon & Blaze barking is a bellicose behavior.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

oklahomamick

Easy money.  Valpo -1 first half.  Evansville plus 4 in second half.
CRUSADERS!!!