• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

UNI @ the ARC January 4, 6 pm

Started by humbleopinion, January 04, 2023, 06:24:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbleopinion

Valpo gets to greet a middle-of-the-pack team this evening.

The Beacons have not done much to inspire confidence, but I have to believe that they won't look as bad as they did on Sunday.  In fact, with no basis in rationality, I'll predict a Valpo win 68-64.
Beamin' Beacons

valporun

It's definitely a different UNI team without A.J. Green. If Green had stayed, I think UNI would have been a favorite to win the MVC, and get the auto bid. When Green left for "greener pastures", Ben Jacobson just had to do what he will do for a year to keep the team moving forward. Jacobson, unlike Lottich, has a renewable contract for as long as he can still walk, being a UNI grad himself. I just see this game being a yawner, as both teams struggle, but we might get a whimper of hope that we can get the home win on a Wednesday night, than we do if this was Cedar Falls.

humbleopinion

A win would be a nice birthday present for Valpo's oldest fan (I'm presuming), Connie Felton Bretscher, who turns 102 this week.  I expect to see her cheering on the Beacons from her seat in the top row of bleacher seats.
Beamin' Beacons

vu72

Quote from: humbleopinion on January 04, 2023, 07:59:27 AM
A win would be a nice birthday present for Valpo's oldest fan (I'm presuming), Connie Felton Bretscher, who turns 102 this week.  I expect to see her cheering on the Beacons from her seat in the top row of bleacher seats.

And, my Godmother!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

Valpo89

I'm having trouble being inspired to attend this game, instead of just watching on my couch and listening to Todd.

valpotx

I would argue that AJ Green's gamble on himself, has definitely paid off.  He was not drafted, but is getting decent PT with the Milwaukee Bucks.  That dude was a stud, prior to his injuries.  Absolutely smooth stroke from the 3 point line.  He has a bright future, and made the right choice to go pro.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/4397475/aj-green
"Don't mess with Texas"

truth219

The ARC is empty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usc4valpo

6 pm start May confuse a lot of folks.

truth219

In the first 5 minutes UNI looks like the globetrotters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usc4valpo

Is Tarkanian and the Running Rebels in town in disguise as Waterloo's finest?

AB

20/21 Covid times Limited capacity still in effect at the ARC. That must be it.

usc4valpo

Valpo in the lead by 3! Streaks galore in this game!

tjjvalpo

Two evenly matched teams. Too bad we spotted them 10 points before we started to play. Valpo has 12 assists on 15 baskets! They never seem to duplicate that effort in the 2nd half. Let's hope they do for once.

mj

Does this team practice shooting 3s at all?
I believe that we will win.

hailcrusaders

Can't forget to box out on defense in those buzzer beater situations.

0-5..............
#CrusadersForever

oklahomamick

Good fight to comeback and tie it in the final seconds.  Sucks to lose this one.  Still seeking a MVC win.  Need some students and fans in the seats.  I remember thinking that the MVC teams would draw a larger crowd.....
CRUSADERS!!!

mj

Another game, another loss. This game was winnable and we threw it away.

The march to 0-20 continues!
I believe that we will win.

AB

Game was lost on shot selection in the second half. Got away from their bread and butter. Jacked way too many 3's. Only took the staff 15 games to realize Krikke would be doubled on the bass line every time. Welcome adjustment to see him operate as a point forward from the top of the key. Much harder for defenses to defend. Saturday's game could be over in 10 minutes.

oklahomamick

Out of 16 total games, tonight was only the 6th time we outscored the opponent in the second half. 
CRUSADERS!!!

valpopal

A pathetic sub-1000 crowd figure: official attendance was 915.   

Just Sayin

Quote from: valpopal on January 04, 2023, 08:19:00 PM
A pathetic sub-1000 crowd figure: official attendance was 915.

Valparaiso men's basketball is dead. Someone call the coroner.

Just Sayin

The president and AD are all talk. They won't do what is necessary.
It's over. Gone. Finito. 

VUSERF

As a fan of The West Wing, Paul's themed tweeting was the most fun I had following a Valpo game in years.

Those were actually quite fun.

Dr. T

After attending the ISU game on Sunday, I couldn't get myself to rationalize paying the $ for another game. I truly wish that weren't the case. Surprised they didn't run some type of deal knowing these MVC games were taking place while the students are still out of town.

valpofb16

Valpo should be dispersing unused tickets 24-48 hours before the game. Try to gain local traction / bring in business. 915 is a bad number and those numbers are always more than what is really there.

Representatives need to be dropping ticket packages at the Boys & Girls club, local businesses , high schools, hospitals.

It just seems there is an absolute disconnect between the school and the locals