• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Drake in town 2/4 6 pm

Started by humbleopinion, February 04, 2023, 06:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AB

Grass isn't always greener on the other side. Probably a tighter ship at Mizzou than Springfield for Mosley. For all we know it could be grades. Flip a coin on the transfers to P5. The Redbird Transfer Reeves is very import player in Kentucy's rotation this year. Carter from NIU to Mizzou playing well. JFL got a lot more exposure on TV and against better talent while at DePaul, but was on bad teams. Now he's working his way up through the G League. Sorolla walked mid season at Cincinnati. Smits was a bust (injury) at Butler. Evelyn had a great roll with Iowa. Krikke will have nice career in Turkey, Russia, and or Europe. He doesn't have enough athleticism for the association, defensive liability and yes he'd have improve his long range shooting. Pluses ...he's an extremely crafty scorer and always plays under control. He's improved every year. Dan Opland esk production. Is Sabonis a fair comp to Krikke?

Bumbo

Sabonis ?????
Maybe if you remove rebounding, defence and rim protection from the comparison. Both can score.  Otherwise.........

valpotx

Bakari did not get elevated by transferring to Iowa.  He is playing pro ball, but he would have been playing for similar pro teams, if he would have stayed at Valpo.  He played at Iowa and got PT, but you think that he was on a roll at Iowa with these stats?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/3911894/bakari-evelyn
"Don't mess with Texas"

Dr. T

Apart from one's aspirations with playing professional ball, is it fair to say that there are transfers who aren't transferring elsewhere solely because they *think* they can play at a higher level, in a better conference, or that they're not getting a fair shake where they're at, etc.?

If it were me, I could see myself transferring up (if I had the opportunity) purely to be part of a P5 program. In part because of the experience. In part because of the school, I'd be attending tuition-free. In part, because of the networking opportunities I'd establish. Maybe I don't see myself as a pro player but would love to be in an electric environment and experience what it's like to be in a P5 program ... around the big dawgs ... travel around to different places ... get the gear ... and show my cerebral abilities to carve out thereby an opportunity to be a graduate assistant, etc.

I can't be the only one who would do so lol.