• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Jake available soon?

Started by historyman, February 06, 2023, 07:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

historyman

College Basketball World Wants Head Coach Fired Sunday (msn.com)

Ohio State lost to Michigan on Sunday, 77-69, as the Buckeyes fall to 11-12 on the season.
Where does Ohio State go from here?
Many Buckeyes fans appear to be done with their head coach, who might or might not be on the hot seat.

Bake

@cbaker__25

If OSU fires Holtmann, here's my top 5 candidates to replace him in order:
1. Sean Miller

2. Promote Diebler

3. Kenya Hunter

4. Jerome Tang

5. Rob Senderoff

3:56 PM · Feb 4, 2023·
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

Dr. T

I went to school with Jake. Amazing man. Represents the best of what this sport & university have to offer. He's earned his way into a position where he's established a reputation for himself. Ohio State is special to him and his family. Idk where Jake ends up, but I'll root for him wherever that is in the years to come. As much as I'd love to see him back here, we have a better chance of getting Jake from State Farm than Jake Diebler.

As an assistant, he's making $500k.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/sports/college/basketball/2022/09/07/how-much-do-ohio-states-assistant-mens-basketball-coaches-make/65886009007/

justducky

Quote from: Dr. T on February 06, 2023, 03:01:53 PMwe have a better chance of getting Jake from State Farm than Jake Diebler.

Hmmmm. Jake from State Farm might be a step in the right direction. He is much better known and recognizable to the average tv viewer and basketball fan than Lottich which might help put Valpo back on the national map.  ::) Could our record get much worse ???     ;)

historyman

Quote from: justducky on February 06, 2023, 06:08:41 PM
Quote from: Dr. T on February 06, 2023, 03:01:53 PMwe have a better chance of getting Jake from State Farm than Jake Diebler.

Hmmmm. Jake from State Farm might be a step in the right direction. He is much better known and recognizable to the average tv viewer and basketball fan than Lottich which might help put Valpo back on the national map.  ::) Could our record get much worse ???     ;)

You know you could be cursed when you are being considered for the head coaching job at Valpo.

"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

Dr. T

These follow-up posts made my day. Love it. Well-played, folks. Well-played!

Question: Recall how Coach Bryce & his staff always wore a dark suit, white dress shirt, and gold(ish)/yellow tie.

Would Coach Jake (from State Farm) initiate a khakis dress code? What are you wearing, Jake from State Farm?
Khakis

If so, we'd have as much notieriety as big Jim up at Michigan .. formerly known for being the king of khakis ;)

mp91

Quote from: Dr. T on February 06, 2023, 03:01:53 PM
I went to school with Jake. Amazing man. Represents the best of what this sport & university have to offer. He's earned his way into a position where he's established a reputation for himself. Ohio State is special to him and his family. Idk where Jake ends up, but I'll root for him wherever that is in the years to come. As much as I'd love to see him back here, we have a better chance of getting Jake from State Farm than Jake Diebler.

As an assistant, he's making $500k.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/sports/college/basketball/2022/09/07/how-much-do-ohio-states-assistant-mens-basketball-coaches-make/65886009007/

100% agree with this. Jake is awesome and was always super nice to me. He always told me being an Ohio State assistant was his dream job. Not head coach, but assistant. That's how much he loves Ohio State. If a coaching change happens, maybe we get lucky, but pretty sure he is going to try to stay around the Columbus as long as possible.

PS – is he recruiting Bronny? Probably, right? So, they would definitely want to keep him around if he decides to go to Ohio State, which is the current favorite.

tiny707