• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Arch Madness (MVC MBB Tournament)

Started by historyman, February 27, 2023, 09:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VULB#62

It appears Murray's plan was to go at Ben right away. From LiveStats he has the fewest first half minutes of the starters. I guess their plan (he had 2 first half fouls) sorta worked. Anybody know what was our plan? Didn't Matt say it was a no brainer after our last loss. Just wondering.

VULB#62

10 minutes left. Down by 25. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED???????

OMG, this is more than embarrassing. Let's sell a fourth painting and buy out Matt's contract.

VUSWIM08-12

usc4valpo

Will Remax or Century 21 be knocking?

justducky

Heck of a performance. Memorable! If I am provided with any hope I might be back next year or not. I just can't picture the team being better in 23-24 even without Lottich but a rebuild year without him would be preferable to a rebuild year with him.

usc4valpo

valpospartan

truth219

Wtf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chairback

Shout out to everyone on here for hanging in this year.  There is nothing left to say that we haven't said over and over.

Thanks to PO for his coverage this year and also Todd Ickow for continuing to be the voice of Valpo basketball.  Those two were the highlights of this season for me. 

usc4valpo

Pathetic. Valpo needs to do the right thing. Let Small do his job.

VULB#62

I just feel for the players. They did not come onto the court and decide to lose.  They deserved better.

justducky

Quote from: Chairback on March 02, 2023, 08:06:58 PMShout out to everyone on here for hanging in this year. 

Thanks! That almost makes me feel a little better. Maybe we should get together for a bonfire? We can set ablaze our old Crusader gear and toss in the new Beacon stuff too.

Dr. T

Totally different set of circumstances, but - for whatever reason - I was reminded of the loss in the Horizon League tournament back in 2017 when Valpo came out embarrassingly. If you recall, they only scored 12 1st half points. Fortunately, Milwaukee wasn't very good - so that only put Valpo down 4 pts at the half. I bring it up because it was the same feeling watching tonight ... it was just like ...??? ... absolute dumbfoundedness. That night, a 24-8 Valpo team lost to a 10-23 Milwaukee team.

Who was the head coach that year for Valpo ...?

mj

I used to think 2008-2009 was the most depressing season of Valpo basketball. 2022-2023 might be worse.
I believe that we will win.

nkvu

Quote from: mj on March 02, 2023, 10:01:57 PM
I used to think 2008-2009 was the most depressing season of Valpo basketball. 2022-2023 might be worse.

Wait till next year if Matt stays and Krikke decides he wants a chance to play in the NCAA tournament and transfers.  2023-2024 will be worse.

covufan

Quote from: VULB#62 on March 02, 2023, 06:09:13 PM
I'm kinda saddened that prior to this reply, only 13 replies were posted and it's game time [emoji3064]

Speaks volumes.
We have a game today?  Someone forgot to tell the team, because they didn't appear to show

covufan

Quote from: mj on March 02, 2023, 10:01:57 PM
Don't forget the Smith years. Apathy run amok

AB

Wasn't able to see the game live. For those who watched...did the team finally get tired of fighting wave the white flag or was it more the coaching adjustments of Prohm? Does anyone think Murray has 25 pts better talent? Asking a fair question.

valporun

Quote from: AB on March 02, 2023, 10:32:25 PM
Wasn't able to see the game live. For those who watched...did the team finally get tired of fighting wave the white flag or was it more the coaching adjustments of Prohm? Does anyone think Murray has 25 pts better talent? Asking a fair question.

We were missing shots all over, no rebounding, and just looked like most of the depth chart didn't give a fightin' poop what happened. Murray was hitting shots, getting inside, and looking like the veteran ballclub of the two transfer fancy teams on the court.

JD24

Quote from: truth219 on March 02, 2023, 06:30:26 PM Not good Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think your TV setup looks great. What don't you like about it?

JD24

Quote from: VULB#62 on March 02, 2023, 07:28:39 PMIt appears Murray's plan was to go at Ben right away. From LiveStats he has the fewest first half minutes of the starters. I guess their plan (he had 2 first half fouls) sorta worked. Anybody know what was our plan? Didn't Matt say it was a no brainer after our last loss. Just wondering.
Valpo was down 15 when he got his 2nd foul. They actually made it tighter prior to the half.

Asked elsewhere...yes...the team threw in the towel during the 2nd half.

valpo tundra

Every program needs someone like Paul Oren covering the team- loyal, honest, realistic, and a true fan. Every team wants a guy like Todd Ickow calling its games- professional, consistent, trusted, and a homer only when deserved.

tiny707

Embarrassing: no VU pep band at the game so UNI pep band helped us out and played for Valpo. They all wore MVC white t-shirts for the game. When game ended they took off the white t-shirts and had their purple shirts on underneath. Pathetic.

usc4valpo

More evidence that Valpo is not committed to being a member of the MVC, for which they have to have second thought about inviting Valpo to join. Waiting to hear the excuses for this omission.

oklahomamick

Valpo has been great and basketball for a very long time.  They will be good again .  It's cyclical.  We just have the wrong guy. 
CRUSADERS!!!