• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Hurricane Sandy Affecting Valpo?

Started by Ralph, October 29, 2012, 09:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph

I spoke to a buddy in Indianapolis and he said some bad weather is on the horizon due to the storms hitting the east coast.

Can someone in Valpo (I'm in the western U.S.) step outside and write a reply to this post, explaining what is going on weather-wise?  It would be especially appreciated if you could run down to Mound Street and report from there.

Thanks and god bless!

wh

The National Weather Service has issued the following high wind warning for Lake and Porter Counties until Tues. Evening:

High Wind Warning now in effect until 7 pm CDT Tuesday.

Wind Advisory is cancelled.

The National Weather Service in Chicago has cancelled the Wind Advisory. A High Wind Warning is now in effect.

Timing and winds, Northerly winds gusting as high as 60 mph will continue tonight and Tuesday and begin to abate early Tuesday evening. The strongest winds will be near the shore of Lake Michigan.
Impacts: The very strong winds could result in wind damage. Including downed trees, tree limbs and power lines. Be certain that any loose items susceptible to high winds are secured. The strong Northerly winds may adversely impact high profile vehicles, especially on east to west highways, such as Interstate 80.

As everyone knows 60 mph winds can bring down trees, knock out power and damage property.  No extremely high winds yet- I would guess 20-25 out of the N. and gusting right now.

Ralph

Never mind.  It was a photo (of the Shack dilapidated) from last year! :D