• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Detroit chokes again - love it

Started by crusadermoe, January 22, 2013, 11:07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crusadermoe

OK, guys......back to the the thread's topic.    Detroit trails at Loyola at half 27-24.   They initially led 16-8. 

With Valpo idle I go to watching the Titans and I like them about as much as a Ray Lewis post-game rant.

Let's hope Loyola hangs another L on them today and they lose in Dayton too.   That would be 5 losses with games at Green Bay and Valpo still to come.    That's my wish list.

HC

I'm watching this game right now. Enjoying the second half of no defense by Detroit(13 left). Anderson just got T'd up, come on Loyola.

HC

Detroit takes down Loyola in less then impressive fashion.

bbtds

Yes, but McCallum did dunk on the Ramblers after the game was decided when a typical team would have run out the clock.

valpo64

UIC  at WSU...and these 2 teams started off gang busters??  It appears that the pre-season predictions were probably on the money...UIC leads 26-14 at half.   Sounds like  a Northern Illinois game score.

wh

Quote from: bbtds on January 26, 2013, 06:19:16 PM
Yes, but McCallum did dunk on the Ramblers after the game was decided when a typical team would have run out the clock.

Are you kidding?  He pulled that crap again?  What a punk.

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

vuweathernerd

Quote from: wh on January 26, 2013, 08:28:42 PM
Quote from: bbtds on January 26, 2013, 06:19:16 PM

Are you kidding?  He pulled that crap again?  What a punk.

does this seriously surprise you? he's the biggest punkass the horizon has seen since j'nathan bullock.

KL31NY

Having just watched the play for the first time during a rebroadcast on Comcast SportsNet, I don't have much of a problem with McCallum dunking. Loyola was running a full court press, Detroit got a couple guys behind it, and they got Ray the basket and he threw it down. It's not like they ran it as a direct play or did it against a team that simply stopped playing in the closing seconds. After all, what did you think Ray was gonna do when he has the ball wide open up the floor? Dribble around the court waiting for time to expire or someone to foul him?
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

bbtds

Quote from: KL31NY on January 28, 2013, 05:04:05 PMDribble around the court waiting for time to expire or someone to foul him?

That actually is what most of the other teams in the conference would do.

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: KL31NY on January 28, 2013, 05:04:05 PMAfter all, what did you think Ray was gonna do when he has the ball wide open up the floor? Dribble around the court waiting for time to expire or someone to foul him?

Well, the question isn't "what did we think Ray would do in that situation?", but rather, "what would a sportsman do in that situation?"
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

StlVUFan

Quote from: bbtds on January 28, 2013, 05:15:53 PM
Quote from: KL31NY on January 28, 2013, 05:04:05 PMDribble around the court waiting for time to expire or someone to foul him?

That actually is what most of the other teams in the conference would do.

Exactly.  :thumbsup:

LaPorteAveApostle

KL31NY

All good notes. Maybe it's just the memory everyone has of what happened at our place, but my take from the posts throughout the forum was that it was something of the same caliber. Poor sportsmanship nonetheless, but seeing it for myself was convenient.

I just wish I could go to the game in Valpo. I've loved the environment of every VU/UDM game I got a chance to see.
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

vuweathernerd

Green Bay is rearing its ugly head for a road team once again. Detroit is struggling to keep a lead. 49-48 gb with 8:12 left.

oklahomamick

Looking at Detroits schedule, they only have 2 home games left out of 6.  They may drop 4 of the next 8.  2 are non conference games and don't really matter.  I actually hope they upset Wichita St. 
CRUSADERS!!!

vuweathernerd

Quote from: oklahomamick on February 09, 2013, 05:56:51 PM
Looking at Detroits schedule, they only have 2 home games left out of 6.  They may drop 4 of the next 8.  2 are non conference games and don't really matter.  I actually hope they upset Wichita St. 

Them taking down Wichita state would be an rpi boost for sure. I might root for them in that one. But I do like our schedule compared to theirs. Much more favorable.