• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Horizon League Power Poll

Started by blackpantheruwm, November 06, 2012, 03:45:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valporun

HC, during the Oppland, Berdiel, Huff, Haanpaa, Loyd years in the last years of the Mid-Con and into the HL, weren't we commonly shooting 25 3s a game then? We were living and dying by the 3 often in those years, if I remember correctly.

HC

That's why I'm asking, maybe it's not absurd? Comparatively, Valpo is attempting right around 19 a game.

agibson

2007-08 was high, at 23.8 threes attempted per game.  I guess that was Huff, Haanpaa, and Loyd's last year?

Aside from that outlier, we've been pretty steady from 05-06 to the present, ranging from 19.3 to 20.8 threes attempted per game, averaged over each season.

Some of Oppland's teams were a bit lower:
02-03 16.0, 03-04, 17.3, 04-05 16.1

01-02 was the other high year recorded by ESPN, 23.8 threes attempted per game again.  With Barton attempting almost six a game by himself.

motowntitan

HC,

Is it going to ruin your Christmas when you have to vote the Titans #1 this week?  8)

HC

Not at all, as long as I don't have to pick you at the end of the year! Merry Christmas

HC

Here is what I sent Jimmy at Panther you for the first week of league games.

Det
UIC
Valpo
YSU
Loyola
WSU
GB
Milwaukee
CSU

I probably went a little homer by placing Valpo that high, oh well!

agibson

historyman

Quote from: agibson on February 11, 2013, 01:07:56 PMDid this poll just fizzle away?

Jimmy at Panther U probably isn't as interested in the poll anymore. He knows who's going to be last place on every ballot.  ;)
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann